By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One To Catch Playstation 4 In Consoles Sold Worldwide Because of America By Holiday 2016.

vivster said:
Your thoughts only work in a market bubble where Sony doesn't exist. Sony already has a big gap and the gap alone will sell consoles to friends and family, without even the need of games. Then there are the Sony big hitters like UC4, Bloodborne, The Order and most likely some TLOU2. Then there is this whole VR angle which will probably not sell too much but will increase the gap unless MS does the same.

As long as the gap is growing everything works against MS and they will have to do a lot more than just bring the games.

@Bolded: Soooo much that, full agreement. Looking at the Xbox 360 in the U.S., it continued to maintain an NPD victory stranglehold of a streak even after its exclusives began to dry up in the wake of Microsoft's increasing focus on pushing Kinect-based titles. Sales momentum can be powerful sale-sustainers in its own right, as long as the market exists for the product, and at the moment the PS4 has a significant advantage in terms of momentum. Now, the gap in the U.S. isn't quite so insurmountable yet, but the longer it takes Microsoft to catch up in the U.S., and the wider that gap grows, the more of an uphill battle they have.

Outside Microsoft's usual strongholds, like the U.S. and U.K., the gap is so massive in terms of sales ratio, the PS4 will likely only CONTINUE to widen the gap in Europe and Asia, regardless of what Microsoft tries.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network

He's right you know. These are certainly his thoughts.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

at the very least can the OP wait till X1 passes the Wii U? If it does that.

The fact that ms has a history of just banking on timed/PC shared exclusives and sony making tons of true exclusives doesn't help...

and the console still has lesser specs at the same price as PS4. Also the "I buy console because friends have console" argument favors heavily PS4 this gen. There's also a bigger potential customer base for third-party games on the PS4 so I think many companies want to work on PS4 first Xbox One second (unless specifically compensated by ms). And as far as I hear, PS4 is just easier to work on than Xbox One cause of the extra hassle of esram.

Sony also really rebuilt their image this gen and ms worked hard to destroy theirs.

For X-box One to have a chance to win it should be atleast 100$ cheaper than PS4 in my opinion. Though, every reaction to improve situation over at MS will just be met with a counter-reaction from Sony.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Now this makes a lot more sense, I heard ioi is going to add this macroregion to VGC's charts next year.

Nice! I'm glad to hear that ioi actually gives a damn about VGChartz!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

This topic have high potential.

I expect 1000 posts near Xmas 2014.

Xevross said:
Jega said:
Xevross said:
Jega said:

Things were never bad for the Xbox One and things aren't bad now.

These gaming websites just like to blow things out of proportion to get hits. The Xbox One is selling well and is doing just fine.

What? Its selling extremely bad right now. About 50k a week is terrible and is not even close to the 360 in its first year. If it hadn't had such a strong launch then it would be a disaster right now because its YTD in 2014 is very bad, less than PS3

A few weeks of lower than usual sales doesn't spell doom for a gaming console. Sales can pick up and the situation can change.

A few weeks? Its been selling badly all year long and spent a long time at sub 50k. Its first full year up to this point has only been better than WiiU and Vita's, both of which are widely agreed to be doomed. Looking back, its barely been doing better than what Vita did in terms of a weekly baseline which is just terrible. I agree that the situation can change but the situation right now is very bad

Even if I agree with you that the Xbox One is selling badly, the situation can still change. If things continue this way, Microsoft can

drop the price by $50 which I think microsoft can take, and sony may not be able to do that at this time.

Like I said the situation can change.

I feel many people on this website and other websites who don't want to see the Xbox One do well is trying to spread negativity about the Xbox One In hopes that the Playstation 4 will be the outright winner this gen.  I got a news flash for you that won't happen because Microsoft will do almost anything to make the Xbox One just as successful as the Xbox 360 is. Last generation it was basically a tie between the Xbox One and the Playstation 3.

Sony went from 75% market share with Playstation 2 to less than 30% with the Playstation 3. Sony lost a lot of Market share to Microsoft and many people didn't like that.  If people feel that Sony is going to come back and get back 75% market share. They are going to be very  disappointed. Microsoft and their Xbox One will prevent that from happenning and there is nothing Sony can do about it.

The Xbox is here to stay and the Xbox One will do just fine like I have been saying for months now. People need to stop spelling doom and gloom just because they want to see a gaming machine fail. It makes you look really bad.

Edited to make it look like you know how paragraphs work - Torillian

Jega said:
I feel many people on this website and other websites who don't want to see the Xbox One do well is trying to

spread negativity about the Xbox One In hopes that the Playstation 4 will be the outright winner this gen.

I got a news flash for you that won't happen because Microsoft will do almost anything to make the Xbox One just

as successful as the Xbox 360 is. Last generation it was basically a tie between the Xbox One and the Playstation 3.

Sony went from 75% market share with Playstation 2 to less than 30% with the Playstation 3.

Sony lost a lot of Market share to Microsoft and many people didn't like that.

If people feel that Sony is going to come back and get back 75% market share. They are going to be very

disappointed. Microsoft and their Xbox One will prevent that from happenning and there is nothing Sony can

do about it.
The Xbox is here to stay and the Xbox One will do just fine like I have been saying for months now.

People need to stop spelling doom and gloom just because they want to see a gaming machine fail.

It makes you look really bad.

you make a thread about the xbox 1 catching up and leading WW by the end of 2016,    now its "itll do just fine"  and saying the ps4 wont have 75% market share.    Not many are claiming it will,  but we know the ps4 will win because we are able to use something that has helped humans advance to this point in the world.  its called LOGIC.    Last gen was basically a tie because Sony won europe while MS took NA.     this time around europe is a blood bath,  and NA is a battle ground, that looks like it has sony out ontop.   IN ORDER FOR THE XB ONE TO CATCH THE PS4 WORLD WIDE, IT NEEDS A BETTER RATIO IN NA THAN WHAT THE PS4 HAS IN EUROPE. 

The XB1 will sell lots of units sure,   but its not gonna beat the ps4.  you need to accept that already.   rather ironic you say it makes us look really bad...

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Jega said:

Even if I agree with you that the Xbox One is selling badly, the situation can still change. If things continue this way, Microsoft can

drop the price by $50 which I think microsoft can take, and sony may not be able to do that at this time.

Like I said the situation can change.

You're grasping at straws now. Sony are making a good profit on every PS4 they sell, more than MS make on XB1 so Sony are much more able to drop the price