By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hacker Group Vow to Destroy Sony

Aerys said:
vivster said:
This is gonna be fun. Can't wait for a certain group of fanboys to spin this as Sony's fault.

Well now, only PC fanboys can do that

-_-

I honestly haven't heard any group blame Sony. Pretty much everyone thinks that the hackers are purely at fault.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
sweetoothj said:
Looks like sony was breached and the group has gotten some data. Don't know what that data is, but all I know is free games are coming!

Source?  So far, all that's been reported is a DDoS attack, and by it's very nature, DDoS doesn't involve actually gaining access to any data.

idk if this is his source, but a N4G article update was spewing complete bullshit

based of this tweet

Chevinator123 said:
mornelithe said:

Source?  So far, all that's been reported is a DDoS attack, and by it's very nature, DDoS doesn't involve actually gaining access to any data.

idk if this is his source, but a N4G article update was spewing complete bullshit

based of this tweet

Yeah, that's not very convincing, esp. since PSN is back up for some and being brought back up for others.  If there was an actual breach they wouldn't just open everything up so these idiots could potentially use their info.  Most news agencies are reporting it as a 'hack', even though there's been nothing to suggest it thus far.

Do people think of the consequences or nah

Raziel123 said:
NeoRatt said:
vivster said:
This is gonna be fun. Can't wait for a certain group of fanboys to spin this as Sony's fault.

Any DDoS or hack down is the fault of the company to which the hackdown or DDoS attack hit.

No, it's the fault of the people who do it.

So if a retail does not encrypt your credit card number and pin number when sent to authorize a transaction and then someone taps the line and gets your info the retailers holds no responsibility?

Around the Network
Wagram said:
NeoRatt said:
vivster said:

Any DDoS or hack down is the fault of the company to which the hackdown or DDoS attack hit.

Any company that does not take security 100% serious does not deserve to store my credit card or private information.  Period.  Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo must all be vigilant and make sure this does not happen.

I work in IS/IT as a senior management resource.  If my company got DDoS or hacked down I would be fired in a heartbeat.  In the real world there is no tolerance for this BS.  The companies need to be paranoid about security.  It is that simple.  Credit card information and privacy information is too important to just have "ok" security.

DDoS attacks are well document and easy to prevent.

I suppose everyone at Riot, Sony, Grinding Gear Games and Activision needs to be let go then, because you said so.

They are a bunch of amateur's at protecting their networks.  like I said, if one of the companies I worked with ever got DDoS'd I would be canned.  DDoS are not hard to protect against.  you just need good people implementing good technology properly.

My reputation as a senior manger is on the line everyday.  if I can't protect my companies against internet threats they will find someone who can.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/24/6063149/hacker-threat-diverts-flight-carrying-sony-online-president

well, they are so fucked right now... i mean the attackers, This shit went to far

these guys can fuck right off. ruining others fun because their immature

The hackers are right, Sony dont give a **** about their customers. They are cheap skating on protecting customers sensitive information because they are greedy. Instead of using their income from playstation on industry best practices to protecting user data, they take the money and use it plug the holes in their other businesses that are losing billions.

For example Sony is rife with fishing scams. Valve, Blizzard and Microsoft have two step verification where you need a second code they send to your e-mail or mobile phone to access your account from a new device.

Sony still don't have it and hackers can just repeat the old origin trick of fishing your account password then getting in with your account. You can't even avoid it without a credit card. Even if you buy PSN wallet top ups, they can steal that instead.

- Moderated, Carl

Wanderlei said:
The hackers are right, Sony dont give a **** about their customers. They are cheap skating on protecting customers sensitive information because they are greedy. Instead of using their income from playstation on industry best practices to protecting user data, they take the money and use it plug the holes in their other businesses that are losing billions.

For example Sony is rife with fishing scams. Valve, Blizzard and Microsoft have two step verification where you need a second code they send to your e-mail or mobile phone to access your account from a new device.

Sony still don't have it and hackers can just repeat the old origin trick of fishing your account password then getting in with your account. You can't even avoid it without a credit card. Even if you buy PSN wallet top ups, they can steal that instead.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)