By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU third party price, value and perception

okr said:

As much as I hate it I tend to agree with the people who claim that many Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party games for the simple reason that they only buy Nintendo games.

Perfect example: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

There was no reason to dismiss the enhanced Wii U port which is considered as best version of this great game by some people, e.g. http://tinyurl.com/nkljngg

And don't tell me it was a late port and that everyone had already played it before on other systems. They haven't.

Edit: This post only applies to Wii U, not 3DS

This....

Deus Ex was an incredible game that deserved to sell bucket loads....

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
What was wrong with ACIV port? It played just as good as any other system (minus the visuals of PS4/ONE for obvious reasons).

The only reason you think Nintendo games are worth more is cause they never discount. If Nintendo discounted games months after release you would have the same perception.

Look at the mobile market. People have been conditioned with free and $1 games that anything over $5 seems expensive. Game may be 10x better but that audience is expecting $1 or less otherwise its overpriced.

It was only the framerate. During combat (especially naval combat with more tha one ship or when taking over bases) it was awful at times. Bought it in PC instead. 60fps.

tripenfall said:
okr said:

As much as I hate it I tend to agree with the people who claim that many Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party games for the simple reason that they only buy Nintendo games.

There was no reason to dismiss the enhanced Wii U port which is considered as best version of this great game by some people, e.g. http://tinyurl.com/nkljngg

And don't tell me it was a late port and that everyone had already played it before on other systems. They haven't.

This....

Deus Ex was an incredible game that deserved to sell bucket loads....

I had it on PC but bought the Wii U version and play that instead. Apart from the loading times it's far superior.

1) The ports were mostly bad or late or more expensive
2) Gamers with more than 1 console/PC tend to buy the thirs party games there, because reasons (Bigger multiplayer userbase, better friend management, better online, etc)

I do prefer games on Wii U because of gamePad functions (even a map or inventoru management) and Off Screen Play. I got Lego City Undercover, AC4, ZombieU, Child of Light, Trine 2, Nano Assault, among others.

The only let down was AC4 not having the DLC there. But if the game is not too online oriented, i prefer them on Wii U.

JazzB1987 said:

The reasony why I think Nintendo games have value is because they do have value. The developer thinks they have value and so the games dont drop in price. (sometimes they even get more expensive Xenoblade/MetroidPrime Trilogy etc.)
If a developer/publisher has no trust in its own product why would I pay 40-60 bucks for it? I hate buying things and just to see everyone else getting it for half the price a month or so later.

This is the biggest problem third party has imo. They devalue their games.  And if a game would stay at 60 bucks onWiiU even tho the same game would be 20 on PS3 or 360 etc I would also not buy it because why would I pay 3x more than the other guys? Same problem as the price drop dilemma.

The only way for third party to fix this is by making their games have value again. Or well by not expecting the games to sell for 60 bucks on WiiU.

Some more good points regarding the devaluation, with a multi-platform perspective this time.

The bolded is not happening since the majority bolt before even trying. As BeElite stated before they have their nurtured market already, it's too much work to make the Nintendo home console fertile again. Who has to drop the manure now? It's up to Nintendo.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
okr said:

From memory, wasn't this originally slated as a Wii U exclusive, then after going multiplat, wasn't there a price discrepency (~$20) between the Wii U and other versions?