By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Taylor Swift is back!!!

Ps3 said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
Ps3 said:

This song has been #1 on itunes all week selling tons, and the music video is out too! OMG It's amazing! My play count on iTunes is already 150! I know all the words and the lyrics are so clever! Taylor Swift is the greatest artist who has ever lived and this is a fact.

The song is called Shake It Off, so click the link below and watch the music video!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

No. That's an opinion.  Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Taylor Swift, but I kind of like the song and the video.

Well, I don't think it's an opinion. Taylor writes her own music and uses instruments. She puts her heart and soul into her music and she easily would have been the hugest star in music in any decade in the US.. Especially in the 60s and 70s cause of her true song writing.

For you( and maybe her fanbase) is a fact, but to the general public isn't.  The majority of people doesn't think  Taylor swift is the greatest artist who has ever lived.  That title is maybe for MJ, the beatles, Elvis presley, ect.

Around the Network
Ps3 said:

Well, I don't think it's an opinion. Taylor writes her own music and uses instruments. She puts her heart and soul into her music and she easily would have been the hugest star in music in any decade in the US.. Especially in the 60s and 70s cause of her true song writing.

I know we've had this discussion before, but 95% of non-pop music is written by the musicians...that really isn't something to brag about. 

Ps3 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Reality disagrees. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-artists-of-all-time-19691231/bob-dylan-20110420

That's just one person's opinion, and I'm sure the person who wrote that is in their 50s or late 60s and they're completely intolerant to anything new. It's ridiculous to say people from the 60s and 70s are the only greatest artists in history. That's just being a total music snob and ignorant.

Clearly you did not go through the list as it was cross generational.  Nirvana, The Beatles, Led Zepplin, Bob Marley, Guns N Roses,  to 2 Pac were on the list. Artists who have actually made a generational impact on the music genre, not generic pop singers who write catchy songs for teenage girls..... 

P.S Try listening to female artists from the 60's and 70's, she wouldn't had stood a chance.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

It's really quite different. But the song did grow on me more towards the end. I'm a little sad to see her move away from country, but hopefully she can still make her next album work.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash