By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Played Super Metroid for the first time ever...

JWeinCom said:
I never got into Super Metroid, which is strange because I really like Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime... gotta give it another go.

How far did you get?

Around the Network

Honestly, not that far. That's the problem I have with Metroid games. Hard to get into them. I did the same thing with Prime, where I played for 2 hours, gave up on it, came back to it later and loved it.

JWeinCom said:
Honestly, not that far. That's the problem I have with Metroid games. Hard to get into them. I did the same thing with Prime, where I played for 2 hours, gave up on it, came back to it later and loved it.

Did you get to Brinstar's first miniboss?

ninjaman003 said:
JWeinCom said:

We're talking years ago man.  I don't really remember.

JWeinCom said:
ninjaman003 said:
JWeinCom said:

We're talking years ago man.  I don't really remember.

If you don't even remember, I would give it another go. It'll probably feel entirely fresh and new.

Around the Network

It's so awesome to read about other people's first Super Metroid experience. If you can, try Prime once you're done. It's better after playing Super Metroid because you'll understand what kind of game it is (ie not a shooter)

Locknuts said:
It's so awesome to read about other people's first Super Metroid experience. If you can, try Prime once you're done. It's better after playing Super Metroid because you'll understand what kind of game it is (ie not a shooter)

I want to get Trilogy, but I need to wait until I've beefed up my Wii U library.

I do a playthrough of Super Metroid at least once a year since I first played it in 1994.

It's up there on my top 3 list of best games ever made.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Super Metroid is a masterpiece, second only to Final Fantasy VI on SNES. I hope you'll experiment with more SNES games and more Metroid games in the future. I highly recommend Zero Mission and the Prime trilogy.

Locknuts said:

funny no ones mentioning other m.

old skool