By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Played Super Metroid for the first time ever...

ninjaman003 said:
raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:
raidinglarastomb said:

i hope so, all i know is i wanted to love metroid prime 3 but i just could not get into it. i think ill pick up a og wii mote and give it another go, because prime 1 and 2 i loved,

like im a huge nintendo fan, i have owned at launch all consoles except the n64(a regret) and the wiiu, i will pick up a wii u im still not convinced that they will not try and force the gamepad on us with the best games, a true mario game, zelda and of course metroid.

A lot of people are upset because they promised innovation like the wii and it was never used. I think Nintendo learned from Skyward Sword and will at least make it an option to play without innovation/gimmicks.

Is that supposed to be empty?

lol typed in the wrong part, "i hope so, all i know is i wanted to love metroid prime 3 but i just could not get into it. i think ill pick up a og wii mote and give it another go, because prime 1 and 2 i loved," thanks for pointing that out, think ill start hitting the preview button

old skool

Around the Network
raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:

lol typed in the wrong part, "i hope so, all i know is i wanted to love metroid prime 3 but i just could not get into it. i think ill pick up a og wii mote and give it another go, because prime 1 and 2 i loved," thanks for pointing that out, think ill start hitting the preview button

That's why I think having two options is the best idea. Kind of like the gyro controls in oot:3d. At least I'm pretty sure you can turn those off.

Remains my favorite and most played Metroid game. Essentially, it was an improved version of the original Metroid, which I also played heavily and consider to be the best game (or at least favorite) on the NES.

Good to see that the design and execution of the game has held up well over the decades for at least some of those who are playing it today for the first time.

ninjaman003 said:
raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:

That's why I think having two options is the best idea. Kind of like the gyro controls in oot:3d. At least I'm pretty sure you can turn those off.

i totally agree like if you want to put in a serious session gaming, motion controls just don't work but if you are playing for a half hour they can be quite fun. thats why i always use mario kart wii as my example, nintendo put serious effort in to it, with the 4 types of controlling it, why they didn;t do it for the zeldas, etc i don't know and honestly i will never understand

old skool

raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:

i totally agree like if you want to put in a serious session gaming, motion controls just don't work but if you are playing for a half hour they can be quite fun. thats why i always use mario kart wii as my example, nintendo put serious effort in to it, with the 4 types of controlling it, why they didn;t do it for the zeldas, etc i don't know and honestly i will never understand

It's strange. I always played Mario Kart Wii with the motion controls and thought of it as a legitimate control scheme. I haven't gotten skyward sword yet, but I bet I'll feel the same way. Some people love it, some people hate it. That's probably not going to change.

Around the Network
ninjaman003 said:
raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:

It's strange. I always played Mario Kart Wii with the motion controls and thought of it as a legitimate control scheme. I haven't gotten skyward sword yet, but I bet I'll feel the same way. Some people love it, some people hate it. That's probably not going to change.

valid point, but i think thats the problem if you hate it would you buy another nintendo console

old skool

raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:

valid point, but i think thats the problem if you hate it would you buy another nintendo console

Optional is the best idea.

ninjaman003 said:
raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:

ya i agree, maybe somebody should tell reggie

old skool

raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:
raidinglarastomb said:
ninjaman003 said:

ya i agree, maybe somebody should tell reggie

Or Miyamoto. I think they are already going this route. The only have one first pary game that requires a gamepad, and that is nintendoland. It looks like any motion or touch control will be optional on wii u.

I never got into Super Metroid, which is strange because I really like Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime... gotta give it another go.