By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Played Super Metroid for the first time ever...

Vena said:
Play Prime 1 (and then the others as well, all good but Prime 1 was a masterpiece), if you can find the whole Trilogy release get that and play it on the Wii.

In a way I regret giving my nephew my Wii, he lives 800kilometers from here :P. Glad he enjoys it though. I really look forward to prime now!

Around the Network
raidinglarastomb said:

id agree but the controls annoy me after an hour( although i only have wii motion plus remotes i hear its better without the motion plus, trying to scan stuff is really annoying, nintendo where was the patch?), id say pick up 1 and 2 for the gamecube, much better and you would pick them up much cheaper

You can play it just fine with a procontroller on the Wii or WiiU, and when the gamecube controller interface comes out with Smash you can even go back to that one too lol.

Vena said:
raidinglarastomb said:

id agree but the controls annoy me after an hour( although i only have wii motion plus remotes i hear its better without the motion plus, trying to scan stuff is really annoying, nintendo where was the patch?), id say pick up 1 and 2 for the gamecube, much better and you would pick them up much cheaper

You can play it just fine with a procontroller on the Wii or WiiU, and when the gamecube controller interface comes out with Smash you can even go back to that one too lol.

For real? i only used my gamecube controller and no good? if the pro controller works im buying one?

old skool

Puppyroach said:

... and I love it!

I never was a fan of Nintendos own games back in the NES days. I didn´t like Zelda, Super Mario or Metroid but did go through them. I suppose a big part of my negative attitude came from me being a SEGA fan.

So, naturally I assumed I wouldn´t like their SNES counterparts. I have, however, now started playing through Super Metroid (just got the lava suit) and it is utterly amazing! The setting, music and graphics really pull you in. You also grow into this super hero gradually and just feel more and more superior.

It feels like a whole new world of gaming has opened up for me and I look forward to playing A Link to the Past, Castlevania and the likes soon enough.

I just wanted to share this great experience! Hope you too have found gems on consoles you previously didn´t like/play on! :)

What is you favorite Super Metroid memory?

It really is a great game, I just played it for an hour.

raidinglarastomb said:

For real? i only used my gamecube controller and no good? if the pro controller works im buying one?

Not sure I understand? You can't play the Trilogy with a pro-controller, it only runs motion controls, I meant playing the old games on the Wii as if it were gamecube since it has backwards compatability. Only Corruption cannot be played with a controller.

Sorry for the confusion.

Around the Network

I don't know if it is worth spending £5 on something that looks like I may not like ,,,,,,,at all.

Especially this close to smash.

Vena said:
raidinglarastomb said:

Not sure I understand? You can't play the Trilogy with a pro-controller, it only runs motion controls, I meant playing the old games on the Wii as if it were gamecube since it has backwards compatability. Only Corruption cannot be played with a controller.

Sorry for the confusion.

okay i get ya but do the  controls not drive you mad its the one thing i did not like about the wii, was the fact of forcing motion controlls on you, thats why i loved mario kart wii it had options, four types of remotes which i think was class

old skool

raidinglarastomb said:

okay i get ya but do the  controls not drive you mad its the one thing i did not like about the wii, was the fact of forcing motion controlls on you, thats why i loved mario kart wii it had options, four types of remotes which i think was class

Well that was my only complaint about the Trilogy re-release, that they didn't allow Pro Controller functionality.

It's my favourite game ever so you better like it! As soon as I took the elevator down into Norfair the game really picked up for me and I was hooked, I haven't played it in a few years but last time I checked on my Wii I clocked in almost 100 hours on the game. I considered doing speedruns but meh, I'm lazy.

WhiteEaglePL said:
I don't know if it is worth spending £5 on something that looks like I may not like ,,,,,,,at all.

Especially this close to smash.

The atmosphere and music are both amazing. In terms of gameplay, there is a little bit of semi-challenging platforming. The real fun is using powerups to discover hidden bonuses that are littered everywhere. It's a bit like Legend of Zelda in that regards. I hope that tells you whether you would enjoy it or not.