By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 'Other' Numbers too high - Official Europe and Britain # inside

Don't sweat it Origin, its an honest mistake. No one worth your time will hold it against you.

Around the Network

I do trust the site, I was just trying to help *tear* Heh... nah cheers Darc... I didn't take a spiteful or 'OMFGZ VGCHARTZ IS TEH CRAPZZZ!!!1!1!' so that's alright heh... Can this thread be locked or deleted plz?

It seems reasonable ....but nowhere in the news it say 31 march .

Diomedes1976 said:
It seems reasonable ....but nowhere in the news it say 31 march .

99% sure it is

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

500k DS sold in Australia, as of about 3-4 weeks ago...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

The "Others" numbers were already revised downward when this information originally came out a few weeks ago.

I have a question, I've never seen answered. What exactly are these regions? Both on VGChartz and on the financial reports or even the consoles region locks - are they all the same? I'm assuming Japan is ony Japan, and America includes at least Canada. But does America include Latin America, even PAL countries? And on Others you usually see PAL mentioned, but aren't Korea and Taiwan NTSC?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
bdbdbd said:
And these numbers are up to 31.3.2007. Didn't Nintendo started to ship Wiis also to Koreas?

Actually, while PS3 and XBOX360 had launched globally, Wii is only availabe in 3 major market! 

For example, in Asia, no country has officially launched except Japan.  I believe it's because the supply constrain, Nintendo is not going to launch in the minor market until they have satisfied the three major market's demand.

pcheung said:

Actually, while PS3 and XBOX360 had launched globally, Wii is only availabe in 3 major market! 

For example, in Asia, no country has officially launched except Japan.  I believe it's because the supply constrain, Nintendo is not going to launch in the minor market until they have satisfied the three major market's demand.

Get over yourself.

By December the Wii had launched in 6 latin american countries, plus in Australia and New Zealand which aren't exacly Europe, which includes Russia and Turkey by the way. Since then, and in Asia, it has at least launched in Singapore.

So what are those 3 major markets after all? Japan, America and Others?

Or put in another way, what major markets has the PS3 launched that Nintendo missed (for example in Asia)? India, Indonesia? Cause it hasn't launched in Korea, you know...

ioi said:
(...)

OK, thanks. I thought countries like those I mentioned might be bigs markets too, but I guess not.