By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 'Other' Numbers too high - Official Europe and Britain # inside

Sold = shipped. 5.84 million is not the number of Wii units sold as of March 31. April 10 maybe. I'm not real clear just how much others is overstated by, but it's definitely something. But we've already beaten that horse to death.

Around the Network

It was like 6.5m shipped at the end of March, not 5.84m shipped. Nintendo slightly exceeded their forecast of 6m by the fiscal year. Sold == shipped is for M$, and maybe Sony. Not sure about Sony.

I'll copy and paste my last reply on this subject for the sake of ease.

Nintendo's figures are shipped, not sold, just like everyone else, which only makes sense because they have no control over the accuracy of third party numbers. Unlike Sony, they do not and never have used the term shipped, but that's exactly what they mean. A quick look at any of their financial reports demonstrates this, but I will give you a for instance. Console sales in Japan for the week ending December 31 are listed as 973,468. Nintendo's units sold in their financial report is 1.14 million.

Does someone have a link to Nintendo's last report? Because at the beginning of the year they offered numbers of both shipped and sold in their report.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/report/3QEnglishFinancial.pdf

Around the Network

Even if we were to assume that every single unit that arrives in stores is sold within minutes, which isn't true, but I'll go along, that still does not account for units in transit.