By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 'Other' Numbers too high - Official Europe and Britain # inside

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/26994/Nintendo-hardware-sales-revealed

NOE have announced through MCV the hardware sales for each region.

Ninteno DS

Global: 40 million
Europe: 11 million
Britain: 3.1 million

Nintendo Wii:

Global: 5.84 million
Europe: 1.3 million
Britain: 438,000

Unfortunately the 'Other' number is a little too high and it should probably be adjusted downwards to take into account these new 'official' Nintendo numbers, however we don't know when these figures count towards.

DS is also up by 2 Million on VG charts. 

Around the Network

sorry for my poor english

there are another countries than European's one in 'other' numbers (australia for exemple)

Australia numbers are 80K so the "others" should be around 1.38 million .... And the DS has also some 2 million more after the own Nintendo data .

Nintendo Wii:

Global: 5.84 million

this is the number given by Nintendo for the 31 march !

Those numbers are for March 31st. The only new things those numbers add are are Europe and UK breakdowns. Nintendo already said the Wii sold 1.47 million as of March 31st in others. Assuming the Wii is selling 70-75k a week the others number would be around 1.9 million today, but of course as I understand it they don't work with simple sales algorithms here. So I can;t say for certain since I don't know how they arrived at 1.79 million but it doesn't seem to be too high. It's too low if anything

Around the Network

And these numbers are up to 31.3.2007. Didn't Nintendo started to ship Wiis also to Koreas?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

There are a few 'other' markets. Austrailia (around 80k there), Korea (I assume atleast 40k), African markets (maybe 20k?) and a few others. The others in others should be atleast another 200k if not more.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Diomedes1976 said:
Australia numbers are 80K so the "others" should be around 1.38 million .... And the DS has also some 2 million more after the own Nintendo data .

That would be true if these numbers included April and May sales, which doesn't seem to be the case...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Sorry, yes my mistake, it would make sense that all of the numbers are up until the end of march, so don't include april or may... my bad, I didn't take notice of the WW number properly.

learn to trust the site more plix.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!