By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft dropping PS360 after 2015...

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You cherry picked examples of launch window games that were designed 7th gen. It should also be noted not every 8th gen game is going to look amazing, even some 8th gen exclusives will resemble 7th quality graphics. EA Sports UFC for example didn't look particularly great, that could have been on 7th gen.

You feel PS360 ports takes resources away form 8th gen. I would presume they bring in more people to handle those projects because more ports raise potential profit. Some 7th gen ports have been handled by other studios.

I don't need to cherry pick, the majority fit the bill.

And there is a finite amount of devs capable of high-level game production. Spreading them out across four systems instead of two means less for each.

Well you did cherry pick and you know it. We all know those are games designed specifically for 7th gen, certainly not high end PC specs.

There are plenty of studios willing to handle ports. Major publishers can even bring in people to handle ports internally.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

I don't need to cherry pick, the majority fit the bill.

And there is a finite amount of devs capable of high-level game production. Spreading them out across four systems instead of two means less for each.

Well you did cherry pick and you know it. We all know those are games designed specifically for 7th gen, certainly not high end PC specs.

There are plenty of studios willing to handle ports. Major publishers can even bring in people to handle ports internally.

See my previous reply.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

See my previous reply.

I'll asssume you aren't grasping my points.

Not all studios are equal, some have the resources to get another team to handle ports. I can give you many examples but I don't think you're interested in that.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I'll asssume you aren't grasping my points.

Not all studios are equal, some have the resources to get another team to handle ports. I can give you many examples but I don't think you're interested in that.

I feel like you similarly didn't take mine on board. Seems we are on different wavelengths.

His wording is a little strange, Im leaning towards there being 2 Assassin's Creeds Holiday 2015 as well

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

No, please. Keep bringing games to Ps3/360 :(

170 to 180 million PS360 console owners by the end of 2015.
That is a huge user base sell games to and to PC and 8th gen game sales.

Mr Puggsly said:

It doesn't matter if few were multiplats were on Wii (there were more than few). Games designed for PS360 looked significantly better than Wii versions.

A game like BF4 was designed for high end PC specs. The ports on 8th gen consoles look great. While the 7th gen versions are pushing their limits and even have gimped multiplayer. Hence, that's a game not held back by 7th gen. Instead the PS360 versions were scaled back.

If MW3 could be ported to Wii and play basically the same then I would assume most 8th gen games could be scaled down to PS360.

MW3 was ported in Wii and looks horrible.

daredevil.shark said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If MW3 could be ported to Wii and play basically the same then I would assume most 8th gen games could be scaled down to PS360.

MW3 was ported in Wii and looks horrible.

(edit)

Yeah, the graphics are awful because of the Wii's limitation. But gameplay is mostly intact.

PS360 capabilities are much higher. Even when games are scaled back for those platforms they can look like this...

Recently Completed

I'll believe it when I see it.