By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft dropping PS360 after 2015...

ughh it still annoys me that they are still making their games for those systems. between both PS4 and XB1 there will be around a 25M install base at the end of the year. around 45~55 million at the end of next year. the core is moving on fast. ok, i get that this year is 360 and PS3 game sales are still big. but next year they wont be as much, and IMO it might not be worth holding back their games for.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The Wii didn't hold PS360 back.

Hence, games designed for PS4 and X1 won't be held back by ports to inferior specs.

Few PS3/360 games were multiplat with Wii. On the other hand, a very large portion of PS4/Xbone games are just slightly shinier PS3/360 multiplats.

It doesn't matter if few were multiplats were on Wii (there were more than few). Games designed for PS360 looked significantly better than Wii versions.

A game like BF4 was designed for high end PC specs. The ports on 8th gen consoles look great. While the 7th gen versions are pushing their limits and even have gimped multiplayer. Hence, that's a game not held back by 7th gen. Instead the PS360 versions were scaled back.

If MW3 could be ported to Wii and play basically the same then I would assume most 8th gen games could be scaled down to PS360.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Drop them now. I'm sick of games being held back by last gen tech.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

So last gen is finally retiring?

I honestly do not mind. The sooner they focus entirely on the 8th gen, the better, high quality content we will get.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

It doesn't matter if few were multiplats were on Wii (there were more than few). Games designed for PS360 looked significantly better than Wii versions.

A game like BF4 was designed for high end PC specs. The ports on 8th gen consoles look great. While the 7th gen versions are pushing their limits and even have gimped multiplayer. Hence, that's a game not held back by 7th gen. Instead the PS360 versions were scaled back.

If MW3 could be ported to Wii and play basically the same then I would assume most 8th gen games could be scaled down to PS360.

BF4 is the exception, not the norm. Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassin's Creed 4, Tomb Raider, etc are all just 7th gen material with a slightly shinier coat of paint. They're built on what PS3/360 can handle. Plus PS3/360 production still takes dev resouces away from 8th gen.

Should have already dropped them

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

BF4 is the exception, not the norm. Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassin's Creed 4, Tomb Raider, etc are all just 7th gen material with a slightly shinier coat of paint. They're built on what PS3/360 can handle. Plus PS3/360 production still takes dev resouces away from 8th gen.

You cherry picked games that were designed for 7th gen. It should also be noted not every 8th gen game is going to look amazing, even some 8th gen exclusives will resemble 7th gen quality graphics (Knack for example). EA Sports UFC is a game that didn't look particularly great, that could have been on 7th gen.

You feel PS360 ports takes resources away form 8th gen. I would presume they bring in more people to handle those projects because more ports raise potential profit. Some 7th gen ports are even handled by other studios. Forza Horizon 2 is an example of that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

You cherry picked examples of launch window games that were designed 7th gen. It should also be noted not every 8th gen game is going to look amazing, even some 8th gen exclusives will resemble 7th quality graphics. EA Sports UFC for example didn't look particularly great, that could have been on 7th gen.

You feel PS360 ports takes resources away form 8th gen. I would presume they bring in more people to handle those projects because more ports raise potential profit. Some 7th gen ports have been handled by other studios.

I don't need to cherry pick, the majority fit the bill.

And there is a finite amount of devs capable of high-level game production. Spreading them out across four systems instead of two means less for each.

In my opinion, the faster the transition the better it is for us.