By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem Musou(Warriors series) Yes or No?

Like the idea?

Yes 77 77.00%

No 20 20.00%

See Results 3 3.00%

Total:100
Clyde32 said:
Samus Aran said:
Clyde32 said:

Which is where these two franchises appeal to...

Yet they sell better in the West.

Fire Emblem yes, Musou no. But when they decide to make a game like this, they think of Japan first and foremost.

Musou of Zelda was more popular in the West by a lot. With Fire Emblem the difference would be smaller, but still in favour of the West imo.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Clyde32 said:
Samus Aran said:
Clyde32 said:

Which is where these two franchises appeal to...

Yet they sell better in the West.

Fire Emblem yes, Musou no. But when they decide to make a game like this, they think of Japan first and foremost.

Musou of Zelda was more popular in the West by a lot. With Fire Emblem the difference would be smaller, but still in favour of the West imo.

Like I said, when they think of making the game they will consider Japan first.

Clyde32 said:

That would be good to have supports. I should add that to the OP.

Be really cool if could use relatinships so if you were close to each other could do linked super moves that level up as relationship progresses.

yes! anything fire emblem i want, but fire emblem is perfect for that type of game. I also think it's high time zelda and fire emblem crossover just once. Ganondorf is a perfect enemy for FE Series

Fire Emblem Warriors makes too much sense for Koei and Nintendo to make it happen. I'd like to see it though.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:

And the rest I'm drawing a blank on. Have any ideas? Tell them to me and I'll add them to the OP. 

Control player characters who you aren't directly playing as in the same manner as the other Captains in Pikmin in terms of guiding them around the map in 'guide pause' states. (Maybe with a hint of Dragon Age: Origins 'combat pause'.)

Twilord said:
Clyde32 said:

And the rest I'm drawing a blank on. Have any ideas? Tell them to me and I'll add them to the OP. 

Control player characters who you aren't directly playing as in the same manner as the other Captains in Pikmin in terms of guiding them around the map in 'guide pause' states. (Maybe with a hint of Dragon Age: Origins 'combat pause'.)

Hmm, that seems interesting enough.

Given how much I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors, I'd buy a Fire Emblem musou in a heart beat.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Clyde32 said:
Twilord said:
Clyde32 said:

Hmm, that seems interesting enough.

This is actually something I've thought about quite a bit; I think I actually have a half-assed design document for it somewhere! XD

(I can do pretty decent design docs but I keep those for games for which the excecution wouldn't be completely beyond me to make.)

Clyde32 said:

Think about it for a second. I realized that one of the best parts of Fire Emblem is its characters. Imagine a musou game of that? 

Now let's put it into perspective. 

-Before the battle starts you will be taken to a screen that let's you choose which characters you will be taking into battle.
-It lets you choose which items to take into battle.
-The formation of the party
-Crafting materials/shopping.

-The battle will mix some elements of Fire Emblem with musou-like gameplay.
-You will be able to switch characters whenever you want via the gamepad(or some other means during cooperative play) whenever a character is in trouble.
-The character death system would be in place, so losing characters is very saddening.
-There will be classes, different classes have different movesets and combos. Each of the main characters has their own moves. 
-The combo upgrading system will be in place for each individual character as they level up.
-When a character reaches level 10 they can change classes via a hero's crest/knight's crest etc. 
-You will have an objective to fullfill like defeating all enemies, capturing all points, or defending a wounded character
-Supports will be available. You need to go to a compatible partner on the field, and dialogue follows.

-It will(like Zelda Musou) have an adventure mode in with the SRPG style of fire emblem

Suggestions:
-There will be aspects or point of views about the situation, that way you can play as the rebels who are trying to revert control of the power to the people, and the empire who is trying to eliminate the rebels to bring peace to the nation that is not actually bad at all.(Suggested by FlagStead)
-
There will be a way to direct your AI cannon fodder soldiers.(Suggested by Maraccuda)
-You will be able to control the other captains ala pikmin(Suggested by Twilord)

Any thoughts? Discuss.

The thing that would make this perfect is they could literally have all the Fire Emblem characters in the game. Due to the same classes, (they have a moveset for each class) but each class has different costumes which reseamble for EX; all the archers in the franchise have the same moveset, but you can choose who to be. That way, there wouldn't be any complaining as to who they add. Because they'd all be there! And obviously there would be a couple exceptions but this would be perfect.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]