By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS4 reach 10 million sold? - ioi comments on undertracking

binary solo said:

I haven't seen or heard the exact announcement by Sony, so I'd be interested to see their precise wording.

You can watch the Gamescom conference but I will give the Official Document:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140813a_e.html

It have all details you need ;)

Around the Network

Considering how many times VGC has had to increase PS4 sales during "corrections" when official numbers were announced, and we are suppose to be worried about Sony's accuracy?  Which also say more than 10 million. 

Lol

Josiah said:

Considering how many times VGC has had to increase PS4 sales during "corrections" when official numbers were announced, and we are suppose to be worried about Sony's accuracy?  Which also say more than 10 million. 

Lol

Obviously Sony has no idea what they're doing, it's not like they're the ones selling these consoles. VGC knows how much they've sold much better than them. 

Is VGC tracking in 100 countries and regions?

I hope ioi will figure out the missing countries numbers. Running 25% or 30% under official numbers between Sony's previous and current announcements just inspires no confidence in upcoming week's figures as well.

This week we get 119,978 but with the expected error range VGC is playing at should we interpret as 80,000~155,000?

My 8th gen collection

Eh, I respect that ioi is coming in here to give an explanation and I like vgchartz numbers for what they are, a pretty good free tracker, but I simply don't believe that European data is so accurate that we can safely say that those numbers aren't missing there. Well I hope the numbers will be adjusted soon, cause a lot of fun is lost when you know in the back of your head that there is a sizable chunk of sales missing every week.

Around the Network

funny how all of a sudden, some people believe VGChartz to be the most accurate trackers when they have been repeatedly wrong escpecially this year. Most of the times, thier number in the U.S are never accurate. So what makes you think they will be accurate about the other 60+ markets they cant effectively track where the PS4 is selling presently?  how does VGChartz know about the PS4 sales in Brazil or in Croatia or in South Africa? How are they so sure those sources are accurate?

VGChartz have almost always undertracked the PS4 globally even their US numbers are never consistent with NPD states. In Germany the PS4 is undertracked by over 50k on this site and that is a very prominent Tier One nation. What about countries like Turkey or some eastern european country?

Also, why would Sony lie about something like this. it makes absolutely no sense. They are clearly winning this gen, and if their sales numbers on this site are accurate and to be believed. this means that at this rate the PS4 will hit 10 million by September at least and would still be one of the fastest selling consoles ever. So why would Sony lie. They have never done this before so why lie now about their obviously leading numbers especially when they can meet those numbers in less than 2 months?

Blood_Tears said:
It already sold 10 million "to consumers"....

I think Sony in the past has called stores their "consumers" if it suits them 

ethomaz said:

binary solo said:

I haven't seen or heard the exact announcement by Sony, so I'd be interested to see their precise wording.

You can watch the Gamescom conference but I will give the Official Document:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140813a_e.html

It have all details you need ;)

Thanks. You're back! I thought you'd had a guts full of this place and quit us permanently.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Rab said:
Blood_Tears said:

Evidence?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Rab said:
Blood_Tears said:

Maybe you should pay attention to what he said. he clearly stated  that the Sony PS4 has sold 10 million consoles through to consumers. The he paused and continued "let me be clear, this isnt shipped or sold to retailers." " the Playstation 4 has 10 million units now sitting in peoples homes"

I really dont know how much clearer one can be with that statement. There is even a written statement on their site about this. 

Has Sony every lied about sales before? Hell no so why start now when they are very much in the lead and could have easy hit 10 million by september with Denstiny.  Why lie now?