By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS4 reach 10 million sold? - ioi comments on undertracking

Nicklesbe said:

So you are admitting you did just google it then. Well at least you are finall being honest.

No, I'm saying it isn't private information when somebody posts on the internet where they work, and their emails are readily available.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

So what's the situation by now? Got an update from ioi or is he still trying to find out where to put the missing sales?

I'm not gonna go through the thread, especially after looking at the trainwreck that happened on these last few pages.

for fucks sake stick on topic, which ever side your on.

By the way when you have to bring up i work at this i do that so there ehhhhh, your argument is clearly lacking.

Baalzamon said:
DonFerrari said:
Balzamoon why didn't you answered why didn't MS and Ninty used the reliable numbers of VGC to stated they sold more than 5M and close to 7M?

Where did I say VGC #'s are more reliable? I never said that, so could people please stop saying that?

Regarding the "private information", it wasn't to hard to google McGladrey and get that information...

So you expended like 100 posts just because people preffer to believe in Sony public statement about the numbers than on VGC not that you think VGC is reliable or that sony was lying... quite funny because that isn't what it saw...

Thank god my degree is in Aeronauthic Engineer so I don't have any need to use my credentials in this forum unless I would discuss flight simulator, which I don't even play.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Contrary to other people in this forum (stating complete lies as facts), I see no benefit in lying about something as stupid as an occupation.

I've consistently been misquoted the entire time (somehow people consistently are saying I have stated VgChartz #'s are more accurate, when I never said anything of the sort), and told that I lack any logic whatsoever because I'm simply telling people to stop assuming things that they don't know are true, and insinuating they are facts. I thought logic would be to not just pull assumptions out of your ass. And I really didn't even care nor think my job was relevant until everybody continued insisting that what they are saying is clearly true (when any auditor can tell you, just because Company A is bigger and better than Company B doesn't mean everything about them is better, including their information capabilities).

Now, if Sony does indeed get weekly sales data (per the supposed Marketing Manager of Target), then yea, they probably have more accurate weekly information than does VgChartz. But other than that, nothing else here has really been fact.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
So what's the situation by now? Got an update from ioi or is he still trying to find out where to put the missing sales?

I'm not gonna go through the thread, especially after looking at the trainwreck that happened on these last few pages.

ioi has said the sales likely fall somewhere between what VgChartz has and what Sony reported, but they are still trying to figure out where to peg them. Until they figure that out, they will remain on the low side, as changing the formula now could have even more significant impacts in the future, instead of simply waiting.

DerNebel said:

Ioi is looking for Sony to provide a breakdown so he an compare his data and correct... Right now he believes to be within 100k+- right on 9,4 (with USA+Rest of America about 100k overtracked and europe 100k undertracked, japan spot on... and that he have a bigger percentage throw at Rest of the World but think it shouldn't be higher at the moment)...

So basically as he does with NPD, GFK and Famitsu+MC he will wait for the right numbers to align and correct his algorithm, no rush.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Baalzamon said:
Contrary to other people in this forum (stating complete lies as facts), I see no benefit in lying about something as stupid as an occupation.

I've consistently been misquoted the entire time (somehow people consistently are saying I have stated VgChartz #'s are more accurate, when I never said anything of the sort), and told that I lack any logic whatsoever because I'm simply telling people to stop assuming things that they don't know are true, and insinuating they are facts. I thought logic would be to not just pull assumptions out of your ass. And I really didn't even care nor think my job was relevant until everybody continued insisting that what they are saying is clearly true (when any auditor can tell you, just because Company A is bigger and better than Company B doesn't mean everything about them is better, including their information capabilities).

Now, if Sony does indeed get weekly sales data (per the supposed Marketing Manager of Target), then yea, they probably have more accurate weekly information than does VgChartz. But other than that, nothing else here has really been fact.

If you don't see the benefit in lying here what benefit would sony have on using over 10M (and being wrong) instead of around 10M? I bet not enough to take the risk.

Its clear ioi kinda screwed up with his words setting of this shit storm. "if sony is to be believed" was probably the worst pr wording he could have used.

But the dude him self said hes of here and there does not know why hes wrong, he pretty much admit to being wrong with out actually sating it. From his side i get why and it is what it is. Why some still insist arguing against the one identity out there that has the most info possible about this is beyond me other then fanboyism i cant explain it.

Even the guy behind the numbers is not arguing that his numbers are right and sony wrong, why is this lost on many of you here ?????

The numbers are 10m as of august whatever, get over it, it will get adjusted sooner or later. So arguing against is totally fucking pointless.

ioi will adjust once he know where the hell those number go... lol get it.

so wtf at some of you.

DonFerrari said:

If you don't see the benefit in lying here what benefit would sony have on using over 10M (and being wrong) instead of around 10M? I bet not enough to take the risk.

Oh, in the realm of things, there is probably a 95+% chance that Sony is correct, yea, because lying would likely just hurt them. But the truth is, some companies do lie (despite it eventually hurting them), so I'm not just going to believe it as if it is from the gospel. I'll be cautious about the number provided.