By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is wii sports club the bomb of the generation?

Is it?

yes 61 45.52%

no, I mean yes 24 17.91%

see results, but yes really 49 36.57%

Total:134

When comparing numbers, yeah, it sucks major bawlz and flopped hard.

However, it depends on what Nintendo was expecting from it. I really doubt it was super expensive to port/upres it, and most of its sales probably came from the eShop. It probably served as more of an experiment than anything else.

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

We also have this

1 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day DS 2005 Misc Nintendo 4.73 9.14 4.16 2.04 20.08
2 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day DS 2005 Misc Nintendo 3.42 5.34 5.32 1.18 15.26
3 Brain Age: Concentration Training 3DS 2012 Puzzle Nintendo 0.04 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.05

This is my choice, yeh. The first games weren't pack ins and the new one is an actual new game rather than a port (right?). Both spectacular declines though.

Everyone who's wanted Wii Sports Club has already gotten it for the one sport they like, or for free.

I don't expect this game to sell more than 50k at retail assuming the Wii U does not get a really cheap Sports Club bundle.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Looks like it.

Well, my uncle just bought a physical copy of this a few days ago, and we played it quite a bit. Then again, he's the only person I know who has a copy of it.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

We also have this

1 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day DS 2005 Misc Nintendo 4.73 9.14 4.16 2.04 20.08
2 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day DS 2005 Misc Nintendo 3.42 5.34 5.32 1.18 15.26
3 Brain Age: Concentration Training 3DS 2012 Puzzle Nintendo 0.04 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.05

It's at least good to know that the Brain Age franchise died after that game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Despite people's determination for TLOU, this is the most unnecessary port of the next gen, literally everyone has owned the origianl Wii Sports in the past.

It most likely made money from the digital sales (individual sports + daily coupons), but they offered free daily passes every time they added a new sport. Not sure if those helped the game, it didn't on my end; instead of buying this I'd rather just play the good old Wii Sports/Resort instead.

Xenostar said:
Despite people's determination for TLOU, this is the most unnecessary port of the next gen, literally everyone has owned the origianl Wii Sports in the past.

They should have given the digital version for free since the majority also go it for free last generation.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

It most likely made money from the digital sales (individual sports + daily coupons), but they offered free daily passes every time they added a new sport. Not sure if those helped the game, it didn't on my end; instead of buying this I'd rather just play the good old Wii Sports/Resort instead.

Xenostar said:

They should have given the digital version for free since the majority also go it for free last generation.

It wasnt free, it was just bundled in with the cost of the console. But even if they did give it you for free the first time, why would you be entitled to it for free a second time. 

Guess it depends if it makes money in the end I suppose what with day passes etc. I think nintendo were well aware it wasnt going to sell millions