By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft: only "vocal minority" complains about number of Assassin's Creed games

What Ubisoft don't realize (or don't want to) is that once the first complains start popping around, they will only increase over time unless they realize their mistake and fix what's wrong. In this case, too many games and too often.

And from his words, Rogue seems like a quick effort to try to capitalize on the PS360 users, and given the history of AC games and bugs, this game looks like it will be fun to watch to painful to play.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
NickK said:
Ubisoft is sooooo arrogant. So done with them.

They always make trash.

Oh, come on! The Rayman games are tons of fun!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I have no problem with yearly releases. Most of the games have been great, including Black Flag, the most recent. The only 2 "mediocre" (and I wouldn't go as far as to call them straight-up bad) were Relevations and 3. The rest are great, and I hope they continue making it yearly, so we can see as many new historical cities as possible.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

spurgeonryan said:
If they are all more or less great, then who cares? Same could be said for Madden or Mario. If they are all really good, then who cares? It is when we get into Sonic territory that things get ugly.

Assassin's Creed is kind of like Sonic in the fact that both games are somewhat automated.  Sonic is less automated than Assassin's Creed though. 

A yearly release schedule is not too much, but it does feel like they are pushing it with this 2 games this year scheme.

Around the Network

If they want to make AC games yearly, then that's fine by me, but I just will probably not be playing most of them.
I'm sure there are people who buy them all. I'll have more choices if I decide to buy another AC game.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

My only complaint with the AC series is low quality releases (i.e. AC:Revelations, ACIII, and AC:Liberation).

There are so many games coming out this holiday that several will inevitably go in my backlog. That includes the AC games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

don't like,then don't buy it. It's really just so simple. I love the series,but I'm passing on the next game,just to take a break from it,problem solved!!!!!!

I guess I am part of the minority. They really should slow the releases down, but the sound of money tempts them too much.

Sadly, Ubisoft are slowly getting up there with Acktivision and EA in terms of quality and that saddens me.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I'm really looking forward to AC Unity having absolutely loved IV

I am far more sceptical with Rouge*, it just looks so much like IV but without the next-gen sheen. After watching the video, I went and played Freedom Cry DLC on my PS4 and the difference were night and day. I think I'm going to wait until the PS4 version comes out, then try and get it on the cheap...

But I generally am far more positive about AC games, though there was once a time when I bought CoD games every year, that stopped about 3 years ago. Though there are probably other factors, I think a year off would do them good, unless the give me Victorian London!

Or Japan!
Or China!
Or Egypt!
Or AC II HD! {or put in useable gamepad controls on PC}

* I know it's Rogue, but I misread it at as Rouge and will continue to call it that