By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The best game of all time is guilty for Abismal sales in July

Last of us is extremely overrated I really dislike it does not deserve a remaster/cash grab or whatever sony calls it

Around the Network
HaloReach2014 said:
Last of us is extremely overrated I really dislike it does not deserve a remaster/cash grab or whatever sony calls it

New guy called "HaloReach2014", that has 3 comments overall one of which is: "PS4 is poopy compared to XB1", calles TLOU extremely overrated and undeserving of the remaster, how surprising is that? All I can say is 800k in two weeks, bro. ;)

DerNebel said:
HaloReach2014 said:

New guy called "HaloReach2014", that has 3 comments overall one of which is: "PS4 is poopy compared to XB1", calles TLOU extremely overrated and undeserving of the remaster, how surprising is that? All I can say is 800k in two weeks, bro. ;)

800k in 2 weeks is nothing gears of wars sells millions

"The best game of all time", it's definitely debatable.

It's not the best game of all time though, but I think the article is correct!

Around the Network
HaloReach2014 said:
DerNebel said:
HaloReach2014 said:

Release a Gears of War Remaster/Remake and see how much that sells.

Even Halo 1 Anniversary had only sold 930k in 2 weeks and that released in November on a way bigger installbase.

DerNebel said:
HaloReach2014 said:
DerNebel said:
HaloReach2014 said:

Even Halo 1 Anniversary had only sold 930k in 2 weeks and that released in November on a way bigger installbase.

comparing install bases doesnt matter the fact the halo 1 anniversary sold 930k in 2 weeks and last of us only sold 800k proves that halo 1 is a better game also gears of war remake would sell tons

bouzane said:

@KLAMarine

No offense but did you even play Resident Evil 4? In the video you linked us too there was a complaint that the AI merely shuffles to the side when you aim a gun at them and nothing more, the exact same behavior as seen in RE4. The enemies mindlessly move toward your position, you can stand at the top of a ladder with a knife drawn and they will politely climb up and take a slash, again and again. They rarely think to throw their hatchets / sickles and even when they do they give up and slowly climb up the ladder / through the window and take their knife slash. That's hardly impressive AI for the Ganados, especially for a game that relies on so much combat with them. Then there is Mendez, if you stand just out of reach of his attack, he will end up in an endless cycle where he tries to take a swipe at you, only to fail. Instead of repositioning himself he just mindlessly swipes again and again while you poke him full of holes. I can not think of many other examples because I haven't played the game in years because frankly, it wasn't anything special. Neither the gameplay nor the "story" did much for me outside of the boss battles (the ones that actually worked correctly).

Ganados are being controlled by a parasite tho, not normal humans with free will, they are really not that far away from your typicall zombies as long as their combat design is concerned. The very first enemy encounter in RE4 kinda makes that obvious when Leon yells at a guy to stop coming towards him while he's pointing a gun at him.

No one excpected them to be some cunning, skilled commandos. 

platformmaster918 said:
Ucell said:
TLOU:R sold 290k within two days in July, what were they expecting it to sell like? I mean its a remaster of a year-old game, which was already in HD, and exclusive to just one platform.

Anyways, I don't think TLOU is the best game of all time. 2013 alone had two better games in my opinion: GTA V and GOW: Ascension.

*spews milk* wiat...someone who doesn't just trash GoW Ascension?  THANK THE LORD

Seirously I feel like it's a fantastic little murder spree and I have a great time every time I play through it (2 times since platinum)

I actually tried to imagine you spewing milk on your monitor...rofl too funny

But seriously I feel God Of War: Ascension is one of the most underrated games of all time, along with GTA V (but only by PS fans).

TLOU seemed to have overshadowed everything else on PS3 last year, and while I loved it (my #10 favourite game of all time) it didn't have the excellent gameplay of GOW: Ascension (#5 favourite game of mine) and GTA V (my all-time favourite game).

HaloReach2014 said:
DerNebel said:
HaloReach2014 said:

comparing install bases doesnt matter the fact the halo 1 anniversary sold 930k in 2 weeks and last of us only sold 800k proves that halo 1 is a better game also gears of war remake would sell tons

We've already been over this very often on here, but since you're new and apparently very young, I'll explain it again.

1. Comparing install bases doesn't matter, if we're talking about something like 50mil vs. 60mil. If we're talking about 10mil vs. 61mil then it very much matters. And before you point out that some next gen games are already outselling their last gen counterparts, that is because people are not very interested in their 360s and PS3s anymore.

2. What do you consider the best game ever? Is it this? Or is this even close to the top?

1 Wii Sports Wii 2006 Sports Nintendo 41.14 28.74 3.77 8.41 82.06

I don't think so. And that is already enough to disprove the theory that better sales equal better game. Another thing I have forgot in my first post are digital sales, I don't know if it was even possible to download Halo: Anniversary to 360 when it came out, but even if, it was still something way less people did back then. TLOU:R on the other hand is doing terrific digitally with already over 30k PS Store ratings.

3. How much is "tons"? The numbers that TLOU:R is pulling can easily be considered "tons" for a remaster, in fact its already starting to look like it'll have better legs than the last Gears game.

You should really stop trying to downplay TLOU, it's a massive critical and commercial success that has shipped easily over 8 million units by now and is well on its way to do 10 million or more.

Also some advice, I've read some of your posts on this forum and what you're doing here really doesn't fly on vgchartz, change your posting style or simply stop talking about non Xbox related stuff or you won't be here for long.