By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecrafts legs. They're insane!

Tagged games:

Teeqoz said:
prinz_valium said:

as u said. games with incredible legs and great baselaselines dont have that big hoiliday and new version boosts.

the game is at ~ 30m so far

lets say it will do ~15m a year for the next 3 years(including a huge holiday and next gen boosts, without a slowdown for last gen )

the game would be at 75m units

so still 7m behind wii sports

if it will do 13m each year for the next 4 years (still a huge number, i would doubt fore sure, because last gen sales will slow down and be near zero after holiday 2016, or even earlier) it only would reach wii sports

this game wont do over 10m units each year for the next 5 years on consoles only. no way. just no

the only way to surpass wii sports is, if this game will still be a big thing in 8 years. it has to become tetris

I never said that games with a high baselinecand good legs didn't get a holiday boost, I only said I hadn't taken it in account, because I have no idea how large it will be. The 200k baseline per week, doesn't even take in account digital sales on consoles, and since it's always on top on PSN and XBL, that could be a possible 100k extra per week. + boost from next gen, so another 50k per week. That leaves us at 350k per week = 18,2 million, plus another 2 million for christmas boost. So it could do 20 million this year on PC and consoles alone.

we know its at 30m right now

15m pc

15m consoles

realse date on xbox one march 2012

retail realse date june 2013 (5m units since that day)

release date on ps3 december 2013

retail release date may 2014 (just short of 1m units since that day)

15m console units

12m on xb360

7m digital = 58k units a week

3m ps3 sales

2m digital = 66k a week (ncluding "big" ps3 launch and holiday sales)

so yeah ~100k digital sales per week seems right so far.

we just dont know how long it will be at this phase. if it will increase or decrese.

imho it will not increse by much

this game is already out for 1 or 2 holiday seasons (digital at least) and if next gen sales increase, last gen will decrease.

again: this game is and will be huge. but it wont sell 85m units lifetime on pc + console only

Around the Network
Xevross said:
prinz_valium said:
Ninsect said:

8 years?! The hell. It will sell close to 20m this year alone, and should be able to sell about the same next year or more (PS4+XOne versions). At that point it will be easy.

minecraft is at 54m ltd right now

and will sell 20m only this year

I have to agree!

I fixed your post for you

did u read the posts?

we were talking about pc and console sales alone....

minecraft is at 1.5m ytd ps3 end of april

2m ytd xb360 end of april

dunno how much are the pc sales form january to end of april would guess something like 1m max

so ~4.5 first 4 month, or 1/3 of the full  year

u still think it will do 15m for the rest?

if we include mobile, ofc it will do 20m this year...

prinz_valium said:
Ninsect said:

8 years?! The hell. It will sell close to 20m this year alone, and should be able to sell about the same next year or more (PS4+XOne versions). At that point it will be easy.

minecraft is at 30m ltd right now

but will sell 20m only this year?

uhmm year sure...

No it's at more than 30m. 12m was announced for 360 a while ago (so probably around 13m now) + 16.7m on PC + 3-5m on PS3 = Close to 35m. It was PC only at first, and in beta. It wasn't on PS3 until December last year. It hasn't been on Vita, PS4 or Xbox One but it will this year. Its popularity has been exponentially increasing. Hell, it will sell 6m+ on PC alone this year and 10m+ on PS3+360, while the next-gen and Vita versions will add to that number.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

prinz_valium said:

did u read the posts?

Ninsect was talking about all versions. Also, your posts would be much nicer to read if you didn't leave loads of space between each sentence

Ninsect said:
prinz_valium said:
Ninsect said:

minecraft is at 30m ltd right now

but will sell 20m only this year?

uhmm year sure...

No it's at more than 30m. 12m was announced for 360 a while ago (so probably around 13m now) + 16.7m on PC + 3-5m on PS3 = Close to 35m. It was PC only at first, and in beta. It wasn't on PS3 until December last year. It hasn't been on Vita, PS4 or Xbox One but it will this year. Its popularity has been exponentially increasing. Hell, it will sell 6m+ on PC alone this year and 10m+ on PS3+360, while the next-gen and Vita versions will add to that number.

it cant be at 35 console alone

unless it sold zero units on mobile form april to  june

overall minecraft sales end of april: close to 50m  (short of 30m console + pc)

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/29/5665834/minecraft-sales-15m-copies-pc

overall minecraft sales end of june: 54m

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/minecraft-console-sales-pass-pc-series-nears-54-million-copies-sold/1100-6420724/

minecraft console sales surpassed pc sales end of june, too

minecraft pc/mac sales right now: 16.725.492

+ >16.730k console sales

=  short of 34m units as of mid of august (unless console sold over 500k units more than pc in less than 2 month)

Around the Network
Xevross said:
prinz_valium said:

did u read the posts?

Ninsect was talking about all versions. Also, your posts would be much nicer to read if you didn't leave loads of space between each sentence

Ninsect is talking about PC and console only.

Xevross said:
prinz_valium said:

did u read the posts?

no. we were talking about pc+ console sales only at that point. read the posts and quote...

why the hell should i say 30m ltd if we talk about pc+ console + mobile sales? doesnt make, sense

and btw: he, and you were quoting me and I was definitely talking about console + pc sales only

su read the posts u and get them right, before u try to fixx them

Teeqoz said:
Xevross said:
prinz_valium said:

did u read the posts?

Ninsect is talking about PC and console only.

Oh I must have misunderstood something

Why is it so hard to fathom its legs... it's cheap ($19.99 or less retail depending on which version you get), and it has nearly endless replay value plus tons of mods and extras, and of course there's the ever-popular YouTube channels of it keeping the game relevant.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
Why is it so hard to fathom its legs... it's cheap ($19.99 or less retail depending on which version you get), and it has nearly endless replay value plus tons of mods and extras, and of course there's the ever-popular YouTube channels of it keeping the game relevant.

Selling a MINIMUM of 12 million copies per year, cannot be downplayed no matter what.