By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecrafts legs. They're insane!

Tagged games:

Areal-Llort said:
As long as more 5-12 year olds spawn, Minecraft will continue to sell on consoles.

Fixed.

This games popularity begins way before 12 years old. It's basically LEGOs.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Seeing as they are so damn rich now they should really do a lot more to protect their fan base. Considering it is mostly 5-12 years olds they should at least try to protect them from scam artists like the one guy who made off with 500K+ from people for what was obviously a fake minecraftcon event.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

I think that the main reason Minecraft is still popular is because of its community. No, I don't mean the kids here, I mean the adults who come up with new game modes etc. to keep the game fresh. What really astonishes me is how popular the console versions are..

BraLoD said:
Teeqoz said:
BraLoD said:
I hope it's legs affect Vita sales...

It has sold gangbusters on every platform it has released on so far so I suppose there is still hope.

It's one of my last hopes for the system... I hope it can help Vita by flooding it with players enjoying playing it together it other in their PS4's, it seems a great integration and a really cool thing to get people likes. But I don't see Sony advertising it how they need too...

Eh, Sony hardly advertises anything the way they need to.

Nicklesbe said:
Seeing as they are so damn rich now they should really do a lot more to protect their fan base. Considering it is mostly 5-12 years olds they should at least try to protect them from scam artists like the one guy who made off with 500K+ from people for what was obviously a fake minecraftcon event.

At first I was like wtf at the 5 - 12 year old thing. Then I laughed like crazy at all those kids getting so much stolen from them.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
prinz_valium said:
Teeqoz said:
prinz_valium said:
if u include mobile, yes it will surpass wii sports

and why? because its cheap and u can even upgrade ur last gen version for only 5 bucks.
this game will be huge on ps4 and even bigger on xbox one (or can u upgrade form x360 to ps4 alswell for 5 bucks? dont think so)

Heck, I'd argue it can pass it without mobile. It's at roughly 30 million, when you exclude mobile, and the baseline of only console + pc is 200k per week. Thats 10 million a year, again excluding christmas and next-gen boost.

but will it stay there for 3or more year?

wii sports is at over 80m

if most of the gamers already own the game, there is so much less space to get new customers.

without including mobile its impossible to beat wii sports imho

When it was announced for 360 in 2011? People thought it would do not so good considering it would be downsized version of the PC game.....Meanwhile it has passed 10 million on 360

Why can it not be their in 3 years?  The PS4/Xbox one version is coming soon...

as u said. games with incredible legs and great baselaselines dont have that big hoiliday and new version boosts.

the game is at ~ 30m so far

lets say it will do ~15m a year for the next 3 years(including a huge holiday and next gen boosts, without a slowdown for last gen )

the game would be at 75m units

so still 7m behind wii sports

if it will do 13m each year for the next 4 years (still a huge number, i would doubt fore sure, because last gen sales will slow down and be near zero after holiday 2016, or even earlier) it only would reach wii sports

this game wont do over 10m units each year for the next 5 years on consoles only. no way. just no

the only way to surpass wii sports is, if this game will still be a big thing in 8 years. it has to become tetris

GamechaserBE said:
MoHasanie said:
I'll never understand its appeal.

You have to use your imagination, you are just to old :).  

Children are good in creating stories themself and are good in emerging themself in games.. 

Best example I have is two children (8 years old) playing GTA 3... Instead of doing any mission they would drive around with a ambulance and
imagine they are doctors and have to help patients...;..  they would go to a house and imagine they go inside and help someone ...and they do it for hours..

We probably would immediately go to a mission and if the mission is boring for a few minutes we stop the game and complain on the internet how much the story sucks and how the graphics are so ugly..... that only a idiot can love it;.

I still do that! lol I remember in GTA vice city you could actually become an ambulance, police, or taxi driver. Too bad they got rid of that in the newer GTA games .  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It's just a beast.

Carl2291 said:
Modern day LEGO.

Pretty much

How much has it sold PC alone?

nice