By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Witcher 3: The Parity Curse

Yeah, I don't understand what the OP is getting from this.

This doesn't mean the PS4 version won't have some technical advantage like resolution.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

And my opinion is fck what the Devs say, obvious PR is obvious, they have everything to gain from this.

Ahhh ok now I get it.  I guess we really do not need to discuss this any further.  If you are going to throw out what they stated and use an excuse that its PR, I guess that would favor your opinion.  I have to say its very convient to just throw out the words and pretty much select what you want to hear and what you don't.  

That is what it is PR, public relations. The developers have a vested intrest in this, so they will say whatever to get popular support. They said "No Exclusive Features" but when one console platform obviously has access to extra content that the other does not, then they are obviously lying. You are seriously naive if you belive everything people tell you. The only reason your supporting this is because it fits your agenda.

Just wondering, where you this dimissive on the Destiny bonus that is only coming to the PS4 at this time. Just wondering.

Its the exact same thing, Sony paid for Destiny Exclusive Content and MS is paying for Witcher 3 exclusive content. Also, don't try that "But Sony does it too" crap with me. Idgaf, I hold no loyalties. 

Meanwhile the defintion of extra and content, are what support me.

There is literally nothing stopping them from taking content out of the game and putting it in the collectors edition and calling it, a collectors edition bonus.

But they didn't.  They did not take content from the game and make it into a CE so what exactly is this point actually means.  Why make a hypothretical statement that isn't happening.  You cannot build your argument on something thats not there.

I'm sure you've simply forgotten to post links to your verified insider information. As for the claim that its hypotherical, its already been done before, ever heard of On Disc DLC?

At the very least if it was on both then it would be parity.

Still this has nothing to do with the game.  Are you complainging about all extra content including the ones that are store based or are you only singling the CE edition.  Whats the difference between one over the other.

If any of the games content is inaccesible to one platform as opposed to the other, its not parity plain and simple. Hell, if the Devs put exclusive content on both, that would still be more fair then exclusive content on simply one. But that isn't the issue here. The issue is that they fcking lied about it.

BESIDES what do you mean extra content doesn't take resources. what kind of nonsense...All content takes resources, content doesn't just manifest out of thin air. If content access on one platform is limited, its not parity plain and simple.

Can you tell me what group that develops a game will be taking off making the game to create the cards and the cloth map?   What does a cloth map and some game cards have to do with parity with game content?

Actually yes. The group is called Money. Money, creates all that collectors edition stuff. Money, also classifies as Resources.

@2nd Bolded:  

But you see, this is totally of topic, they never even said it would be parity, only graphical parity which is still bullshit, because they aren't aiming for full parity.

Graphical Parity only brings down the PS4, because its taking away its advantage, simultaneously having a collectors edition on the XB1 is furthering that.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

But you see, this is totally of topic, they never even said it would be parity, only graphical parity which is still bullshit, because they aren't aiming for full parity.

Graphical Parity only brings down the PS4, because its taking away its advantage, simultaneously having a collectors edition on the XB1 is furthering that.

So here is the line in question that caem from Balazs Torok

"CD Projekt are trying to deliver the same experience across the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Despite their similarities, the PS4 and Xbox One do have some decidedly unique hardware features."

"We always want to provide the best possible experience to all our gamers regardless of the platform and so we are not aiming to develop special graphical features for any of them."

With that quote, they never said anything about parity at all.  It clearly states there will be no graphical or hardware based developed features for each console.

So what exactly graphically do the PS4 do that the X1 doesn't?  They are both based pretty much on the same basic AMD chipset so graphical features probably are not going to be any different then what is slated for the PC.  Its interesting the number or articles reference these 2 quotes from CD and spinned it multiple different ways.  What exactly does Balazs mean by graphical features and what examples to clarify that statement.  Without any examples who knows what that statement means.  Its not like CD cannot use the SRAM from the X1 or the GDDR from the PS4.  Its not like they cannot optimize both memory schemes in order to get the game running on both platform as efficient as possible.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Please, why don't you go ahead and pay for them to optomize for the PS4?

CD Projekt isn't a huge dev like EA or Activision. They don't make money off of DLC and microtransactions. They are concentrating almost completely on the PC, and the consoles are a complete afterthought. If you feel that they should bend over backwards and lose some money by milking all the power they can out of the PS4, why don't you just vote with your wallet? Don't buy the game. I know most people will buy the game and be happy regardless, CD Projekt is in no way obliged to spend millions optomizing for a single secondary platform just to satisfy the very small minority of angry gamers on the internet.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Will not pay and play for the sake of parity.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Please, why don't you go ahead and pay for them to optomize for the PS4?

CD Projekt isn't a huge dev like EA or Activision. They don't make money off of DLC and microtransactions. They are concentrating almost completely on the PC, and the consoles are a complete afterthought. If you feel that they should bend over backwards and lose some money by milking all the power they can out of the PS4, why don't you just vote with your wallet? Don't buy the game. I know most people will buy the game and be happy regardless, CD Projekt is in no way obliged to spend millions optomizing for a single secondary platform just to satisfy the very small minority of angry gamers on the internet.

That whole PC Defense? Yah that's bullshit.

I don't give a damn if A( they are a small dev and B( they don't have the money or whatever. When that dev who made that golf game said 1080 on PS4 and 900 on XB1, the majority of comments where that it was "Bad Optimization", you mean to tell me its ok because CD is small and PC focused?

Please.

My issue is that they have to make such a big fucking deal about not utilizing the graphical capabilities of each console, cause lord knows the PS4/XB1 are going to struggle with the game anyway. Why did they have to say that stupid statement. Why couldn't they just do whatever they want and release the game?

The worst thing about arguing with people on this site, is that they always, always, ALWAYS jump to conclusions about the person they are argueing Why do you think I'm am so concerned with the PS4 being optimized or not. No, that is not the problem here, they could've made it run like ass and I wouldn't care at all. But the fact that they felt the need to explicitly say, oh "we are not aiming to develop special graphical features for any of them" fuck that. Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Its a stupid statement, and all this unnescessary justification for it is elitist at best and downright childish at worse.

That's like having a kid whose good at reading and a kid whose good at math, having them take the SATs, and saying, that math section? Yah, that doesn't matter.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Jizz_Beard_thePirate
Witcher has always been a PC title first and a console title second. Most of the audience on the Witcher series is on PC so it makes sense that they are putting less effort in the console version

doesnt make much sense when they say “We always want to provide the best possible experience to all our gamers regardless of the platform'',clearly a contradiction if their in full parity mode with the consoles and not taking advantage of the extra horse power of the ps4. .. ps4 is not getting the best possible experience as they say

loy310 said:
Will not pay and play for the sake of parity.

Thats great because the developer never made a parity statement so you are good to go!!

larrysdirtydrawss said:

Jizz_Beard_thePirate
Witcher has always been a PC title first and a console title second. Most of the audience on the Witcher series is on PC so it makes sense that they are putting less effort in the console version

doesnt make much sense when they say “We always want to provide the best possible experience to all our gamers regardless of the platform'',clearly a contradiction if their in full parity mode with the consoles and not taking advantage of the extra horse power of the ps4. .. ps4 is not getting the best possible experience as they say

You are just fooling yourself if you believe that witcher devs have always been a pc first console 2nd.

The witcher 2 has obviously been developed with last gen consoles limitation in mind or we wouldnt see that huge jump in gfx and environment quality moving from w2 to w3 because w3 is developed with current gen console limitation as a base, pc didnt suddenly get much better, they were already capable of running w3 when w2 was released. Also the interface on w2  pretty much had consoles written all over it.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

That whole PC Defense? Yah that's bullshit.

I don't give a damn if A( they are a small dev and B( they don't have the money or whatever. When that dev who made that golf game said 1080 on PS4 and 900 on XB1, the majority of comments where that it was "Bad Optimization", you mean to tell me its ok because CD is small and PC focused?

Please.

My issue is that they have to make such a big fucking deal about not utilizing the graphical capabilities of each console, cause lord knows the PS4/XB1 are going to struggle with the game anyway. Why did they have to say that stupid statement. Why couldn't they just do whatever they want and release the game?

The worst thing about arguing with people on this site, is that they always, always, ALWAYS jump to conclusions about the person they are argueing Why do you think I'm am so concerned with the PS4 being optimized or not. No, that is not the problem here, they could've made it run like ass and I wouldn't care at all. But the fact that they felt the need to explicitly say, oh "we are not aiming to develop special graphical features for any of them" fuck that. Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Its a stupid statement, and all this unnescessary justification for it is elitist at best and downright childish at worse.

That's like having a kid whose good at reading and a kid whose good at math, having them take the SATs, and saying, that math section? Yah, that doesn't matter.

Wow. You really seem to think that gamers are entitled to recieving boatloads of money thrown into optomizing their console of preference.

Hint: This is the real world. CD Projekt does not have infinite money vaults to make everyone happy. They are not that big of a dev. If you want them to optomize for the PS4, make sure that the PS4 version of the game significantly does better than the PC, so they focus on it instead, or dig into your own wallet and pay them to optomize for your console, if you have that kind of money lying around.

Devs don't have endless wallets. Please. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC