By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So this Madden 15 commerical...

lol wut

nice

Around the Network

If this is what people find funny nowadays then...

Nintendo and PC gamer

Ka-pi96 said:
Soundwave said:

As crazy as it is, this is the type of marketing Nintendo could use. The whole "serious 30 second ad with game footage" stuff isn't going to work for them because the PS4/X1 have the graphic hardcore.

They need ads like this that protray a fun/crazy/hip vibe and can go viral.

Call it Gangam Style marketing, and it could work similar to Sega's marketing that caught Nintendo off guard in the 90s. 

I'd protray PS4/X1 owners as anti-social nerds and Nintendo as the "just have fun" brand (all's fair in war). 

I think that would just alienate Nintendo even more from people that would buy their console. A lot of the people that just want to have fun playing games want games like COD or AC or FIFA so will go for PS4/X1. Nintendo pissing them off wouldn't really help, I think they have more chance of success setting the Wii U up as a good secondary console to PS4/X1 owners, so yeah insulting them wouldn't be in their best interests.

It's the same concept as the Mac Vs. PC ads, where Apple successfully painted PC owners as being dweebs, even though most people owned a PC they weren't offended. It's just in good fun. I wouldn't make it the focus of the ads, just subtly throw it in there. Throw in some celebrities too, make it random/fun. 

Gotta do something different with the marketing that gets people's attention. 

Eww!

You can tell the ad is not aimed at the serious football gamer. Most of those consumers already know the features, content, graphics and other stuff about the next Madden. Instead this ad is aimed totally at the casual gamer. It paints a competitive fun tongue and cheek type of atmosphere. That market doesnt really care about how pretty the graphics or things like that. They care more about having friends over and playing a game and enjoying the experience.

Around the Network

Had enough half way through.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was all self-depreciating and enjoyable.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kinda funny even though I don't think Kevin Hart is that funny.