By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How long to reach the farthest mountain ? Zelda U (Wii U)

How long ?

What is this ? *_* 42 100.00%

Total:42

How long will it take for Link to reach the farthest mountain ? I'd say about 10 minutes at most on horse and 20 minutes on foot. What do you think

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I hope there is a teleport system and I hope there are other things to ride on

But I guess... Hmm... I am guessing the farthest mountain is the one with the volcano which I am guessing is Death Mountain so most likely, its 7-10 minutes but its hard to tell cause idk how fast the horse moves

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Agree.

Still doubt that it's a fully open world. I expect a lot of natural and artificial barriers as well as invisible walls that will guide the player. So essentially like every other Zelda game. A number of closed up areas connected by some stuff in between.

So to reach the farthest mountain I'd say you will have to take a lot of detours.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think the way from Link is until the mountains is much longer than it actually is. And if you haven't notice already, you can see a volcano in the background(Death Mountain I'm assuming). And I highly doubt that's the entire game.

It's going to be big, really big, at least for Nintendo standards.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Considering it takes me about 20 minutes to go from end to end in Skyrim (on foot)

I thought skyrim was bigger lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

vivster said:
Still doubt that it's a fully open world. I expect a lot of natural and artificial barriers as well as invisible walls that will guide the player. So essentially like every other Zelda game. A number of closed up areas connected by some stuff in between.

So to reach the farthest mountain I'd say you will have to take a lot of detours.

I'm aware of that as well, but the way that Aonuma makes you think that he really wants you to think the game is going to be huge. So by "A number of closed up areas connected by some stuff in between", I think you're referring to Twilight Princess, and that's what the guy is actually trying to avoid, I guess. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I don't mind if it takes a few hours the first couple of times, just as long as I can speed that up on subsequent journeys. Previous games did this well enough by allowing all such as a huge block to be pushed off a ledge, a gate to unlock, or a rockfall to to remove.

I mentioned this idea before, but It bears repeating again, because it seems so Zelda-y: how about a midboss blocking a route, which will move for reasons other than being twatted with a sword? If you're feeling brave, you could perhaps beat them up and get your shortcut to another area, or if you've been rupee / treasure hunting, perhaps the midboss will open up about how they don't actually want to do this, but they've got a family of little darknuts to feed. Beating this midboss will probably clear the route for you and get some nice loot, though it could also let other nasties into the new, undefended area. A bit of charity could mean the midboss will still block the way, but step aside only for you.

This could allow the world and its inhabitants to feel more "alive", while giving the player the choice to shape it as a side-effect of choosing their own narrative pacing. Rushing through could make for a harder endgame where you are much more alone. I like the idea of a game which rewards explorers with discovery and brawlers with greater challenge.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

vivster said:

well aounuma did say you can reach every area from any direction.

Tsubasa Ozora

kljesta64 said:
vivster said:

well aounuma did say you can reach every area from any direction.

We'll see how true this will be. I'm very skeptical since there never was an open world Zelda. Even more so now that a lot of people claiming their games to be open world, which they are not.

I'm looking at you, DA:I and Xenoblade.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.