By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Comments On Lack of AAA Titles For PS4: "Perception Issue, 2015 Great For Core Players & More"

veritaz said:
VanceIX said:

method114 said: Yes but your in a unique situation. Your basically shopping for a second gaming console. When I was a pc gamer I saw no point in owning a console. It wasn't until I needed up upgrade and I started a career in IT that I switched to consoles. It's very hard to convince someone in your position.

Not really. Tons of people own PCs and consoles. The main selling point of consoles is exclusives that you can't find on PCs, and the PS4 simply doesn't have very many right now. The few that it has are mostly mediocre (Knack, Killzone, Infamous), and nothing to buy a new console for.

Please tell me you're not serious. 

I'm speaking through the POV of a PC gamer, so yes. It is different for console gamers, but both me and Jizz_Beard play on PC intensively, and I was speaking from our perspective.

And yeah, I found Infamous mediocre. A pretty game, but nothing new really, and not a step up from the other games in the franchise.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Pristine20 said:
Being a PS customer from the PS1. I'm inclined to agree that there's a lack of AAA titles. It's actually been worse in the past but unnoticed due to backwards compatibility which the ps4 lacks unfortunately. My only ps4 game since launch is KZ:SF. I do understand that things will take a turn for the better starting this fall. However, the first year of the ps4 was definitely lacking IMO

Still think you'd enjoy Child of Light and Transistor. Give indies a chance pristine!

I don't think Child of Light is a indie game but I may be wrong. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JPL78 said:
Nicklesbe said:

For future reference.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/sarcmark-sarcasm-emoticon_n_421802.html universal free sign for sarcasm is ¡ or alt 173 on numpad ^.^

Good to know but I'm on an ipad so I'll have to stick with "..." Which is the way I indicate a dry statement trailing off.

admittedly I am unfamiliar with ipad but if it has a digital keyboard anything like wiiU it should have a symbol button that displays the upside down exclamation point.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

MoHasanie said:

It's a Ubisoft game using one of their artistic styling engines.  An "indie-style" game by a large publisher.

MoHasanie said:
outlawauron said:
Pristine20 said:
Being a PS customer from the PS1. I'm inclined to agree that there's a lack of AAA titles. It's actually been worse in the past but unnoticed due to backwards compatibility which the ps4 lacks unfortunately. My only ps4 game since launch is KZ:SF. I do understand that things will take a turn for the better starting this fall. However, the first year of the ps4 was definitely lacking IMO

Still think you'd enjoy Child of Light and Transistor. Give indies a chance pristine!

I know it isn't. Pristine just doesn't like indie titles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
MoHasanie said:

It's a Ubisoft game using one of their artistic styling engines.  An "indie-style" game by a large publisher.

Would you say windwaker was a indie-style game> becuase it's pretty much inspired greatly by that games style and mechanics.

*IGNORE* confused child of light for another game ^.^ whoopsie

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well, the issue with the whole "packed" thing is that if you have a Gaming PC, or even a last generation console, A lot of those games, including the big ones like Destiny are avaliable on those consoles and a lot of other third parties are also avaiable on PC... I mean, when people buy a next gen console, I am sure a lot of them want to play games that are only avaliable on next gen and not the ones that can be played on last gen, just with decreased visuals which is why I hardly think its packed cause its "packed" only if you have a ps4 and nothing else and I think thats what a lot of the people are having issues with

Cause sure, if you have a ps4, and nothing else to game on, fine, I will admit, it is pretty packed but if you have a last gen console or a gaming PC, I would say otherwise

I mean, I get it, its the first year, there are a lot of cross-gen titles, it happens in every generation but my issue is that the companies make it seem like this year is going to be different even though its the same. And I do feel as though there are more cross gen titles this time around then the previous generations (but I might be wrong)

I have 2 last gen consoles and I still consider the ps4 packed. I guess it's just a matter of outlook.

Nicklesbe said:
JPL78 said:
Nicklesbe said:

For future reference.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/sarcmark-sarcasm-emoticon_n_421802.html universal free sign for sarcasm is ¡ or alt 173 on numpad ^.^

Good to know but I'm on an ipad so I'll have to stick with "..." Which is the way I indicate a dry statement trailing off.

admittedly I am unfamiliar with ipad but if it has a digital keyboard anything like wiiU it should have a symbol button that displays the upside down exclamation point.

It has lots of symbols but not that one. Up until now that was never an issue!

VanceIX said: I'm speaking through the POV of a PC gamer, so yes. It is different for console gamers, but both me and Jizz_Beard play on PC intensively, and I was speaking from our perspective.

And yeah, I found Infamous mediocre. A pretty game, but nothing new really, and not a step up from the other games in the franchise.

It just wasn't clear that you were talking about yourself and other people who shared your views. It seemed like you were making it sound like everyone did it your way. 

The InFamous thing just made me sad since I think it's by far the best next gen game so far. The gameplay is amazing and the characters were enjoyable to me(especialy Fetch). Not everyone shares the same views but calling it mediocre hurt my soul. Also all the powers were completey new and not done before.

Edit: Plus it was very pretty like you said.

I actually want a PS4. There's just something about it that makes the box itself desirable. But the lack of EXCLUSIVE games that interest me and the paid online are what's pushing me away. Maybe when Uncharted 4 comes out.

So yeah. Plenty of games. Just none for me so far.