By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Comments On Lack of AAA Titles For PS4: "Perception Issue, 2015 Great For Core Players & More"

I hope you are joking...none of my statements were lies.

Around the Network
BillyBong said:
JPL78 said:
Seriously. Let's look at each console by their most recent "big" game:

Xbox 360: Watchdogs (May)
PS3: Watchdogs (May)
Wii u: Mario Kart 8 (May)
Xbox One: Watchdogs (May)
PS4: TLoU:R (2 weeks ago)

But yeah, PS4 is the one lacking big games....

not sure if serious or sarcastic post.. you bring up WD for X1.. but Sony had WD, which it also sold better on.

I think you missed my point. Yes PS4 had watchdogs but this was a list by most recent big releases and PS4 had TLOU a couple weeks ago so that's newer than watchdogs. The "PS4 is the one lacking big games" was sarcasm.

The other thing to remember, which for some reason people forget, is big AAA games are timed to come out *NOT* at the start of the generation because they need to have a user base to support it....

We have

Destiny
Dragon Age
FIFA15
GTAV
Aliens Isolation
AC Unity
COD
Battlefield Hardline
Legends of Moordoor

before Xmas, and thats not the full list, just off the top of my head... Jan to March next year is massive..

Companies want to see a strong user base before they release, they have timed their releases to when they think they will get the most sales, 2015 is when it starts getting interesting.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

If people think or feel that way then that is fine. Just don't LIE and say that the PS4 is lacking AAA games or that there are not enough AAA games to warrant the purchase of a PS4. Just say that the games you want or prefer or not there. No one can argue with that. My only gripe is that the PS4 and XB1 both came out at basically the exact same time yet the PS4 is the only system that gets all the attention/hate/focus on not having enough AAA games. When in fact in that aspect the PS4/XB1 are basically even and with all the indie/f2p support the PS4 actually has more games.

Not sure what people want from a console that is only 9 months old. I just say it is no big deal right now, there are plenty of games coming in the VERY near future for the PS4. As well as the XB1 and Wii U....so I think we all just need to relax and as I have said in COUNTLESS other threads wait until this time NEXT year to make a better judgment on the situation.....PEACE!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

JPL78 said:
BillyBong said:
JPL78 said:

not sure if serious or sarcastic post.. you bring up WD for X1.. but Sony had WD, which it also sold better on.

I think you missed my point. Yes PS4 had watchdogs but this was a list by most recent big releases and PS4 had TLOU a couple weeks ago so that's newer than watchdogs. The "PS4 is the one lacking big games" was sarcasm.

lol.. no i caught that.. was thinking it was a sarcastic post.. haha.  but yea.. game on.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network

I'll tell you one game I wish PS4 didn't have: Surgeon Simulator. I just wasted 10 dollars... They need demos for this stuff.

JPL78 said:
BillyBong said:
JPL78 said:

For future reference.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/sarcmark-sarcasm-emoticon_n_421802.html universal free sign for sarcasm is ¡ or alt 173 on numpad ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

method114 said:

Yes tons of people but still not the majority of console owners. That's not the main selling point of consoles your only viewing this from your point of view. Most gamers don't game on two systems they just don't have the time or money. Anyone relying on just exclusives is never going to enjoy there console. In fact it's dumb to get a console for just exclusives if you ask me. Unless you wait until they very end of the cycle and then go back and play everything that was released.

So I'm dumb because I bought my Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One for the exclusives? I've enjoyed both my Wii U and PS4 simply off of exclusives, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the exclusives on my Xbox One when it arrives like MCC and Sunset Overdrive. I'm a primary PC gamer who bought the consoles for the exclusives, and I don't regret it.

There are tons of exclusives people enjoy on all the consoles. If multiplats were so important, no one would own a second console. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

JPL78 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
JPL78 said:

A lot of games is a lot of games regardless of whether or not you are interested in them. They don't cease to exist because you don't want them.

Yes, thats true hence why I never said its not a lot of games, I said that it doesn't have the games I am interested in... If a console is filled with a lot of games but most of those games can be found elsewhere, there is no reason for me to buy a ps4 until the console has more games that can't be found else where

I understand that but he said the fall was "packed" with new releases and you said it "wasn't packed" because those games don't interest you. I'm not debating your lack of desire to purchase the console, that's your prerogative.

Well, the issue with the whole "packed" thing is that if you have a Gaming PC, or even a last generation console, A lot of those games, including the big ones like Destiny are avaliable on those consoles and a lot of other third parties are also avaliable on PC... I mean, when people buy a next gen console, I am sure a lot of them want to play games that are only avaliable on next gen and not the ones that can be played on last gen, just with decreased visuals which is why I hardly think its packed cause its "packed" only if you have a ps4 and nothing else and I think thats what a lot of the people are having issues with

Cause sure, if you have a ps4, and nothing else to game on, fine, I will admit, it is pretty packed but if you have a last gen console or a gaming PC, I would say otherwise

I mean, I get it, its the first year, there are a lot of cross-gen titles, it happens in every generation but my issue is that the companies make it seem like this year is going to be different even though its the same. And I do feel as though there are more cross gen titles this time around then the previous generations (but I might be wrong)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nicklesbe said:

For future reference.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/sarcmark-sarcasm-emoticon_n_421802.html universal free sign for sarcasm is ¡ or alt 173 on numpad ^.^

Good to know but I'm on an ipad so I'll have to stick with "..." Which is the way I indicate a dry statement trailing off.