By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will outsell PS4 WW by Q1 2016

TheGoldenBoy said:
Clyde32 said:
Was expecting the drill...

So what you are saying is that Xbox One will outsell PS4 globally in the US?

Agreed. What a disappointment.

I noticed that in every thread TheDrill decides to post in he continues to get railed for his predictions (also doesn't help that in those other threads he continues with the predictions) so I don't think he is going to start up a new sales related thread unless he somehow gets to make an "I told you so" version.

Around the Network

I am so disappointed. I was totally hoping that was a Drill thread.
@OP with the 2-1 in Europe I don't know if I should take this seriously. Even TheDrill conceded Europe to PS4

prinz_valium said:
no. comsumers are stupid. they wont buy xbox ones als long as its a ms console.., to much hate around it
xbox Need to be bought by apple, to make this happen

WTF is this? Are you calling Sony fans or anyone who bought a PS4 stupid?? stupid for buying a brand that has a LONG history in the industry, and of making many great games, hardware and an ecosystem, never tried to lie, trample on gamer rights? You should be abnned for this nonsense:

Newsflash, PS4 has more games now and announced then x1....see gamescom. MS was all multiplats, and the drought since titanfall, Sony has had 3 exclusives since titanfall, more in you l;ook at downloadablwe games.

Ka-pi96 said:
Clyde32 said:
Before this thread starts getting a hundred posts per minute, is there a way to make a thread drop off my buddy?

Only posting in about 15 different threads so they are on it instead. Good luck

I'd better start going through my old threads. 

Neodegenerate said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Clyde32 said:
Was expecting the drill...

So what you are saying is that Xbox One will outsell PS4 globally in the US?

Agreed. What a disappointment.

I noticed that in every thread TheDrill decides to post in he continues to get railed for his predictions (also doesn't help that in those other threads he continues with the predictions) so I don't think he is going to start up a new sales related thread unless he somehow gets to make an "I told you so" version.

Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does another one though if the XBO does great this Holiday season. For example if it closes the gap a bit in the US.

Around the Network
BanMeNowPlease said:
prinz_valium said:
no. comsumers are stupid. they wont buy xbox ones als long as its a ms console.., to much hate around it
xbox Need to be bought by apple, to make this happen

WTF is this? Are you calling Sony fans or anyone who bought a PS4 stupid?? stupid for buying a brand that has a LONG history in the industry, and of making many great games, hardware and an ecosystem, never tried to lie, trample on gamer rights? You should be abnned for this nonsense:

Newsflash, PS4 has more games now and announced then x1....see gamescom. MS was all multiplats, and the drought since titanfall, Sony has had 3 exclusives since titanfall, more in you l;ook at downloadablwe games.

FLAMING WEAZEL. 

prinz_valium said:
eFKac said:

I see you cannot fathom that people simply think PS4 is the better deal, especially in Europe where it gets more app support and Xbox way less than in US, the exclusives are better tailored for the market, etc. How is it so hard to grasp? But no it must be hate.

It's funny though, that many German members here are PlayStation haters when the consoles are so popular there.

wtf did i say that?

yes some or even the most people think that.

but even if the xbox one would be the better deal, it would not sell more than the ps4 here.

that what i said. and thats because of the company/brand awareness

But you don't know that, it's just bias speaking through you. 360 gained a lot of ground in Germany since the first Xbox against the successor to the PS2, because for some time it was indeed the better deal, first to the market, cheaper, better games line up.

If they would continue with that throughout 360s life and start like that with the Xbone they would get even more foothold. Would it outsell the PS4 if it was the same it is now? Hard to tell. Brand awareness is very important of course, but it can only do so much good. Slap a PlayStation name on a crappy offer, and you have a Vita on your hands. Slap it even on a good proposition, still get outsold 2:1 by DS (don't know if the ratio for Germany is the same as WW but probably close) Nintendo is certainly not bigger than PlayStation in Europe.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Sh1nn said:

I'm saving this gif just in case!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

lol we are back to Sony wont releae any more games, wont do any bundles, wont ever drop the price and wont do anything else ever with PS4....Not even an argument.... Gamescom was all you neede dto see, Sony showed new ip's, games and franchise spanning diff genres, ms showed all multiplats.

So lets see.... the PS4 is at over 10M now, and XB1 is at around 5M. So say in Q1 2016 the PS4 is at 30M. lets say thats a 10:15:5 split between NA, EU and japan respectively. So basically you predict that

in the US the XB1 would have sold 30M consoles to PS4's 10M
in EU XB1 will have 30M to the PS4's 15M
and even for japan with 5M each.

So basically 65M XB1s to the PS4s 30M by Q1 2016........... ok. Got you.