By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Help me debunk this racist

Tamron said:

To be honest, the way the OP is setup, it feels more like these opinions are OP's and he wants to debate them without comitting to saying they're his and potentially earning himself a ban.

If i had to guess, I'd probably run with it being a reactionary response to : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188443&page=1#

If this isn't the case, OP. then the answer is simple.

Don't respond to him, why waste your time?

I believe your first paragraph also. His first name is spelled nigger backwards. All i need to know really. This is the only time ill enter any of his threads or write about or respond at all.

Around the Network
Radej said:

There is a 15-18 point gap between white and black Americans on IQ tests, with white Americans averaging around 103 and black Americans around 85, and sub-Saharan Africans average in the mid 60's. While IQ isn't perfect, it is the single best test for predicting future success in life, through education rates, incarceration, income levels, exc exc.

How terrible the United States compares with the rest of the world in education is cited constantly, it's actually black Americans that bring our scores down. The international test is called PISA, the Program for International Student Assessment, and it's broken down by race. White Americans are behind Shanghai, Hong-Kong, Korea, Finland, and Asian Americans, while Black Americans are ranked 50th, behind Serbia. It's a fact that there is a pretty substantial achievement gap between white and black Americans in education, and every single intelligence test has demonstrated that gap, the only question is what causes it. Most people on here will blame poverty, but that flies out the window when you compare white and black children from similar household income levels. White children coming from families making less then 20,000 dollars per year do BETTER on the SAT then black children coming from families making 70,000+ per year, and that same result happens with graduate level tests aswell.

It's naive to think genetics don't play some level in intelligence. You cannot possible believe in evolution and then think that a species separated by tens of thousands of years across tens of thousands of miles throughout every single climate on earth won't develop evolutionary differences to suit those environments, There is a tribe, one single tribe in Kenya caled the Kalenjin, that produces the best runners in the world.

"There are 17 American men in history who have run under 2:10 in the marathon," Epstein says. "There were 32 Kalenjin who did it in October of 2011."

Something about their bone structure, their muscles, their brains, whatever, they are better runners then everyone else in the world. Some groups are predisposed to certain illnesses, there are very clearly differences between eye, hair, and skin color, and bone structure of different racial groups, because of different genetics. There are ABSOLUTELY brilliant black people in this world, but Why is it such a stretch to say a group is predisposed to lower or higher levels of intelligence?

Black Americans were preselected individuals. They were individuals that were sold from African tribes to the slave traders, had to survive bad conditions on the trip, and their offspring had to survive centuries as slaves. Clearly the natural selection forces for Black americans were diffent than for Black Africans or any other ethiny that didn't suffered from preselection which happens in slavery. So even between Black Americans and Black Africans there is a Huge diference on DNA.

Income doesn't tell the whole story though, the family background of the whites in american come historically from more educated background, and educated parents educate better the childreen than uneducated parents regardless if their income is the same as other families.

Oh, and to all:

How do we know reggin_bolas is not the real racist, and creating a imaginary racist is the way for him to spread his racists arguments across on a site where this would be quickly banned otherwise?

edit: we just need to spell his name backwards to know as guy above pointed out.

Radej said:

There is a 15-18 point gap between white and black Americans on IQ tests, with white Americans averaging around 103 and black Americans around 85, and sub-Saharan Africans average in the mid 60's. While IQ isn't perfect, it is the single best test for predicting future success in life, through education rates, incarceration, income levels, exc exc.

How terrible the United States compares with the rest of the world in education is cited constantly, it's actually black Americans that bring our scores down. The international test is called PISA, the Program for International Student Assessment, and it's broken down by race. White Americans are behind Shanghai, Hong-Kong, Korea, Finland, and Asian Americans, while Black Americans are ranked 50th, behind Serbia. It's a fact that there is a pretty substantial achievement gap between white and black Americans in education, and every single intelligence test has demonstrated that gap, the only question is what causes it. Most people on here will blame poverty, but that flies out the window when you compare white and black children from similar household income levels. White children coming from families making less then 20,000 dollars per year do BETTER on the SAT then black children coming from families making 70,000+ per year, and that same result happens with graduate level tests aswell.

It's naive to think genetics don't play some level in intelligence. You cannot possible believe in evolution and then think that a species separated by tens of thousands of years across tens of thousands of miles throughout every single climate on earth won't develop evolutionary differences to suit those environments, There is a tribe, one single tribe in Kenya caled the Kalenjin, that produces the best runners in the world.

"There are 17 American men in history who have run under 2:10 in the marathon," Epstein says. "There were 32 Kalenjin who did it in October of 2011."

Something about their bone structure, their muscles, their brains, whatever, they are better runners then everyone else in the world. Some groups are predisposed to certain illnesses, there are very clearly differences between eye, hair, and skin color, and bone structure of different racial groups, because of different genetics. There are ABSOLUTELY brilliant black people in this world, but Why is it such a stretch to say a group is predisposed to lower or higher levels of intelligence?

I don't think "intelligence" as we classify it in this thread is really all that relevant to "evolution" though ... modern "intelligence" or "book smarts" as we classify it ... that being the ability to read well, write well, perform well in subjects like mathematics have only really been inherint in most cultures for the last 300-400 years. 

That simply isn't enough time for there to be "evolutionary" changes to the human brain to allow one ethnic/racial group to be better than others. 

It also doesn't even make sense, Asian and Indian kids tend to score higher than their Caucasian counterparts in grades/"intelligence" yet they are also seperated into different regions. To me this represents cultural differences more than anything. Indian and Asian kids are pushed much harder in their studies than Cauasian kids are due to culture. 

Beyond that I honestly don't think the human brain gives enough of a sh*t about "intelligence", lol, its job primarily is to allow you to surive and reproduce ... those are the main functions of the brain; the fact that it can do much more is just a nice bonus, but the human brain really has not evolved that much over the last several thousand years. 

toastboy44562 said:
There is no such thing as different "human races". Race is another word for species. If two different colored people can have kids and their offspring can have kids then the original two people are of the same race. Hope that helps!

but... but.... but.... tiger and lion can breed together..... they are the same species?

liger

tigon

JazzB1987 said:

According to the studies it goes like that:
from "smart to not so smat"
Asians
Caucasians
Arabs etc.
Blacks

And from strong to weak its the exact opposite
Blacks are the strongerst physically
Arabs etc.
Caucasians
Asians.

This of course does not mean that a black person cannot be smarter than average asians. Its just the general "starting point". It has not much to do with racism but with evolution (what ethnicity used which part more in the past) and circumstances of life.

I call BS on this "study". Arabs stronger than Caucasians? What!? Have you ever seen an Arab and a Caucasian man? Arabs are small weaklings in comparison. Caucasian people are much closer to Black people in physical performance than Arabs are to Caucasians. After all, the strongest man on the planet is Caucasian (Mariusz Pudzianowski). There have also been two Caucasians that managed to run 100 m below 10 s (Polish Marian Woronin and French Christophe Lemaitre). I doubt a single Arab has ever come close to this. In fact I dare to say, when it comes to pure strenght, Caucasians are the strongest race - nearly all best strongmen are Caucasian, Caucasian people have been dominating box for so long now (not just the Klitschko brothers, but most top boxers are Caucasian atm), they have always been absolutely dominating all weightlifting competitions. What Black people are best at is agility, quickness and speed - this is where they are superior to White people, but not pure strenght. Hell, even in basketball a white man is currently the best player at the most physical position (Centre - Marc Gasol).

Just look at sports that demand exceptional physique - basketball, american football, hockey, mma. You get so many Black and White people there competing on an equal level, but almost no Arabs, so I have no idea how you could think of something like that.

Football is probably the only big physical sport that gives total parity and allows every single race to compete (with Zinedine Zidane, an Arab, being considered by many to be the best player ever), but otherwise it's usually mainly Black and White people competing. I'd put Arabs on par with Asians when it comes to physicality, but there's no way in hell they are "stronger" than Caucasians.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Radej said:

I don't think "intelligence" as we classify it in this thread is really all that relevant to "evolution" though ... modern "intelligence" or "book smarts" as we classify it ... that being the ability to read well, write well, perform well in subjects like mathematics have only really been inherint in most cultures for the last 300-400 years. 

That simply isn't enough time for there to be "evolutionary" changes to the human brain to allow one ethnic/racial group to be better than others. 

It also doesn't even make sense, Asian and Indian kids tend to score higher than their Caucasian counterparts in grades/"intelligence" yet they are also seperated into different regions. To me this represents cultural differences more than anything. Indian and Asian kids are pushed much harder in their studies than Cauasian kids are due to culture. 

Beyond that I honestly don't think the human brain gives enough of a sh*t about "intelligence", lol, its job primarily is to allow you to surive and reproduce ... those are the main functions of the brain; the fact that it can do much more is just a nice bonus, but the human brain really has not evolved that much over the last several thousand years. 

You just answer my question that I ask of another user:

(the question i had ask another user): What I don't get about DNA is that white people descendent from many generations of educated people while black people descendent from only a few generations of some education, but black people are naturally really talented in math & science & literacy, while white people really suck at all these things.

Also explains why it's blacks that take 3 to 8 months to speak their first words, when whites take 14 months to 4 years to speak their first words.

Anyways, thanks for answering my question indirectly, LOL but true.

Scisca said:
JazzB1987 said:

According to the studies it goes like that:
from "smart to not so smat"
Asians
Caucasians
Arabs etc.
Blacks

And from strong to weak its the exact opposite
Blacks are the strongerst physically
Arabs etc.
Caucasians
Asians.

This of course does not mean that a black person cannot be smarter than average asians. Its just the general "starting point". It has not much to do with racism but with evolution (what ethnicity used which part more in the past) and circumstances of life.

I call BS on this "study". Arabs stronger than Caucasians? What!? Have you ever seen an Arab and a Caucasian man? Arabs are small weaklings in comparison. Caucasian people are much closer to Black people in physical performance than Arabs are to Caucasians. After all, the strongest man on the planet is Caucasian (Mariusz Pudzianowski). There have also been two Caucasians that managed to run 100 m below 10 s (Polish Marian Woronin and French Christophe Lemaitre). I doubt a single Arab has ever come close to this. In fact I dare to say, when it comes to pure strenght, Caucasians are the strongest race - nearly all best strongmen are Caucasian, Caucasian people have been dominating box for so long now (not just the Klitschko brothers, but most top boxers are Caucasian atm), they have always been absolutely dominating all weightlifting competitions. What Black people are best at is agility, quickness and speed - this is where they are superior to White people, but not pure strenght. Hell, even in basketball a white man is currently the best player at the most physical position (Centre - Marc Gasol).

Just look at sports that demand exceptional physique - basketball, american football, hockey, mma. You get so many Black and White people there competing on an equal level, but almost no Arabs, so I have no idea how you could think of something like that.

Football is probably the only big physical sport that gives total parity and allows every single race to compete (with Zinedine Zidane, an Arab, being considered by many to be the best player ever), but otherwise it's usually mainly Black and White people competing. I'd put Arabs on par with Asians when it comes to physicality, but there's no way in hell they are "stronger" than Caucasians.

What about Persians/Iranians on strength?

Kaizar said:

They are badass, but there is a reason why they aren't Arabs

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Kaizar said:

They are badass, but there is a reason why they aren't Arabs

I wasn't saying they Arabs.

But they are yellow and/or brown people. And middle-easterns. So that's why I said that.