By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Help me debunk this racist

Radej said:
ha ha what a ginormous quote tree

No single intelligence test is perfect, they all have flaws, but IQ tests are the single best test for predicting future success in a basically all areas, from income and education, to incarceration, successful marriages, having a job, age of first child, exc exc. The sample being used, you have to be mroe specific because I mentioned a few things, but the achievement gap between blacks and whites has been demonstrated in every test thats been conceived. There is no debate that the gap exists, only to what causes that gap. A quick google search will give you citations of all the statistics I mentioned

My guess would be to not only focus on the genetics involved. Environment and culture are hugely important parts of anything when it comes to potential causes.

Around the Network

There has yet to be a link found between race and intelligence. Race is an arbitrary construct made by society. I'm paraphrasing Francis s Collins. One of most influential geneticists to ever live.

aikohualda said:
toastboy44562 said:
There is no such thing as different "human races". Race is another word for species. If two different colored people can have kids and their offspring can have kids then the original two people are of the same race. Hope that helps!

but... but.... but.... tiger and lion can breed together..... they are the same species?

liger

tigon

you didnt read what i originally said though :)

The offspring cannot have offspring. A liger cannot have kids so a tiger and a lion are of a different species

Around the Network
Radej said:

Despite every terrible thing that happened under colonialism, most African countries actually faired better and had higher standards of living under colonialism.

Countries had a good standard of living compared to before? You mean Slavery? Well who'd a thunk it?

Radej said:

Rhodesia is a perfect example of that, the bread basket of Africa, they exported food across the continent while under white rule, and now they can't even feed themselves. 

Well that's because other countries went through thier industrial revolutions, and then used the time, recources, people, information, and practically everything of these countries to maximize profits for themselves. Then, left the countries and expected them to fend for themselves. It's a case of countries getting where they are with help, and then leaving the other countries to get there themselves, AFTER taking all they had.

There's a lot to talk about on this topic but I'd rather avoid discussions like this so I doubt I'll expound too much, but the countries in africa and other parts of the "third world" were robbed of thier own natural proggression to growth because of slavery. Since these countries were simply a big source for goods, there was never a need for a manufacturing sector and so thier economies were based soly on exporting raw materials. The economies of many of these countries are a holdover from that of slavery and colonialism. But since raw materials are incredibly cheap, these countries have very little money to make to use for growth. Couple that with countries being forced into debt (Haiti had to PAY FRANCE for damage done while trying to become free from slavery, permanently hitting them with debt HARD) and larger countries exploiting the smaller ones in africa/the carribean/etc (destroying local industry and forcing them to import thier goods) putting all the blame on "them lazy blacks" is just incredibly sillly.

Radej said:

Racism, Slavery, and Colonialism are all just excuses. How much time needs to pass before as a people, they collectively get their act together? In every country on earth Blacks have higher crime rates, andl ower education and income levels then whites and Asians, regardless of the country they're in or came from.

For many countries, colonialism hasnt even been 70 years ago. Racism still happens this very day, at this very moment. Hell, apartheid was in the 1990's. That's literally our generation. That's not much time at all, honestly. Plus, when the people in power say you're sub-human enough you start to beleive it. Self esteem is a huge thing affecting the african american community (I hear racism is even worse in the UK/ South America.) You think Black History Month was made just so we could make jokes about the guy who invented peanuts? It's so people with no identity to thier culture or low self esteem can identify with people who made it and realise they too can acheive greatness. And also because black history is an afterthought in wider history.

Everyone knows the "high crime rates" of black people is a combination of skewed statistics, blue collar crime getting reported more than white collar crime, and the justice system and many police officers stereotyping black people as criminals. At least I thought everyone knew this.

I'm not too interested in getting into this debate much more because it kinda bums me out when people say really stupid things on the topic. (Not you specifically, just in general.)

Goodnight bro

Don't bother. Racism is an irrational attitude based on fear. You will never successfully talk a racist out of their attitude on the internet so u are simply wasting time and emotional energy. The only argument against the claim is based in science and social history. And to these people science is evil and social history is all written by communists. So this person won't accept the validity of any research which demonstrates the opposite of the claim.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Radej said:

Rhodesia had an enormous manufacturing sector under white rule, and they had very little external debt. Numerous countries in Africa were better off under white rule because you had people, granted often times racist people, who knew how to run economies, who understood manufacturing, modern agricultural techniques, and the industrial revolution. Roads, rails, hospitals, schools were built, now most of Africa cannot even feed itself. It's the most resource rich continent on earth, Diamonds, gold, oil, plutonium, everything, and they can't do anything with it. 

They were better off because they were run by white people working and trading closely with thier home countries to maximize profits. Back then, they were barely countries themselves, but extentions of the host country. Now take away the constant communication between the host country, the money of the country to fall back on, the recources the host country could pump into them, and instead, give them a montain of debt and people trying to exploit you at every turn so that they can get goods cheap, at the expense of allowing your country to progress. Not to mention being forced to purchace food from other countries because they destroyed your local economy, meaning food is incredibly expensive and rising every day because oil is rising every day. Not to mention again, that having oil or other recources puts a big ole target on your country to be exploited and cheated out of it (like what actually happens, unless you think all the changes in power in the middle east and all the unrest that goes on in certain countries and them having some of the largest oil reserves in the world is a coincidence.)

Radej said:

Blue collar crimes being reported more then white collar crimes? Because credit card fraud is equivalent to rape. Sterotyping by police does play a role in some regards, but those predjudice are often times born out of real statistics. Black men account for 6.5% of the US population but 50% of all gun homicides, tell how that statistic is skewed by racism? Every day black men kill each other in American cities, like 80 people were shot in Chicago July Fourth weekend, black men shooting black men is somehow the white mans fault? 

No, those prejiduices are born out of real racism. And Self Fulfilling Profecies where thier own prejuidice of expecting black people to be the ones committing crimes leads to it actually happening. (Like a teacher not working as hard to help a black student than another student because they think they will become a criminal anyways. The lack of help leads them to drop out of school, where they end up turning to crime to provide for thier families. That statistic sounds like it could easily be skewed by racism actually.  Factors I have mentioned before coming together could easily skew those numbers.

Blue collar crime are reported more despite white collar crime being more damaging (just look at the recent global depression) because rich people are literally above the law.

I remember this story recently of this black actor who bought a watch for his mother as a gift for graduating community college, and was going to go to her graduation, but the security guards racially profiled him as a criminal and detained him while he was leaving the store, and ignored him when he tried to dhow them proff that he bought it. He missed his mother's graduation. That story just pisses me off to no end and things like that happen every day.

Radej said:

Even if I conceded that every single problem facing black people throughout the world is because of racism, slavery, and colonialism, those problems won't be solved by anyone by black people. No matter what the United Nations does, no matter what Obama does, no matter what the NAACP does, it ultimately comes down to the individual making better choices, which black people, collectively, are not doing.

How are they not doing this, collectively? Unless you're saying that the majority of black people are actively being lazy and violent instead of genuinely wanting to improve thier standard of living, and I wont even go into how much I dislike that statement.

I agree that many black people are quick to blame racism and not make any effort to try and better themselves, but just as many people are going "get over it blackies" without realising that there are still numerous problems, prejuidices and the like that are in need of serious overhall and education. It's definitely a problem everyone needs to come together to fix. Racism is very much a culture problem more than a legal problem and this culture is partly from a perspective of what white people think of black people and what black people think of themselves. BOTH need to be fixed if progress is expected to be made.

And honestly, throwing the blame copletely off white people is often used as a way for people to stop thinking about racism because "groups I'm in actually being shitty to other groups makes me so uncomfortable like wow." (not saying this is what you're doing, unless it is.)

Scisca said:
Kaizar said:
Scisca said:

They are badass, but there is a reason why they aren't Arabs

I wasn't saying they Arabs.

But they are yellow and/or brown people. And middle-easterns. So that's why I said that.

I'm not the one who drew the line here, but the author of the post I replied to I guess they are Caucasian here, after all, unlike the Arabs and like the Europeans, they are Aryan, so they are much more closely connected to Europeans. But these borders can be moved at will and there is no clear division. After all some legendary scholars refused to include Italians, Spanish, Portuguese and Greek into the White race, since the differences between them and Central and Northern Europeans are easily noticable and they just weren't white enough

Yep.

Plus Persians are over 8,000 years, while Europeans are only 5,000 years.

I feel sorry for whoever lived in Europe 5,200 years ago, because that meteor that demolish the place. No human could survive that, and the carnage was soo bad that the middle-easterns couldn't see the sun in the sky for up to 1 month, and a lot of pieces rain upon the middle-east into a desert waste land.

The only problem is all aryan races have a more higher risk of thyroid problems & heart disease because of the aryan genetics. That's why I suggest all aryan nationalities to check their thyroid via a blood test starting at age 26.