By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Polygon: Tomb Raider's Xbox exclusivity likely means more sales, higher profits

DonFerrari said:

Let's say the correct displacement is X1 only 4M, Ps4 only 9M, both 1M (it's probably a lot less). And by Holiday 2015 I would say 12-27-3M. So they would have lost 27/42=62% so what are the chances of they selling 5M copies of TR on a 15M install base that isn't biased in favour of them, zill.

Your math is wrong.

XOne has 5m, PS4 10m right now. And since it's a fact that 50% of gamers have both consoles, this means that every XOne owner also has a PS4 already. 

In conclusion, Microsoft fans helped Sony achieve greatness.

I just love when morons write articles, it's a source if endless entertainment...

Around the Network

Good for microsoft and bad for consumers. YEs very good move indeed.

Everyone, even microsoft boys would have prefered a real exclusive instead of throwing money in something that would have existed without them anyway, pretty stupid

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I feel sorry for the person who wrote this article. It must hurt to be that stupid.

Holy shit, I knew Polygon was an MS biased site, but sweet baby Jesus! "...the number is smaller than you think, as many gamers buy both consoles"? "Very probable that 50 of those people own both consoles"? "Enjoy the benefits of launching the game multiple times"?

Are there ground up Windows 8 boot disks sprinkled into whatever drug he is smoking?

jlmurph2 said:
Well it certainly brings way more attention to your game. Hence the multiple articles and threads. Didn't see many people talking about this game when it was announced at E3.

Everybody was talking about Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal, Duke Nukem Forever, Wonderbook and Lair. Look at their sales.

Around the Network
naruball said:
jlmurph2 said:
Well it certainly brings way more attention to your game. Hence the multiple articles and threads. Didn't see many people talking about this game when it was announced at E3.

Everybody was talking about Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal, Duke Nukem Forever, Wonderbook and Lair. Look at their sales.

And just imagine all the attention DRM and 24-hour check-ins brought to XOne. Without them, nobody would be talking about it. Had they not announced those two, they still wouldn't have sold 2 million consoles.

There is no such thing as bad publicity

Burek said:
DonFerrari said:

Let's say the correct displacement is X1 only 4M, Ps4 only 9M, both 1M (it's probably a lot less). And by Holiday 2015 I would say 12-27-3M. So they would have lost 27/42=62% so what are the chances of they selling 5M copies of TR on a 15M install base that isn't biased in favour of them, zill.

Your math is wrong.

XOne has 5m, PS4 10m right now. And since it's a fact that 50% of gamers have both consoles, this means that every XOne owner also has a PS4 already. 

In conclusion, Microsoft fans helped Sony achieve greatness.

I just love when morons write articles, it's a source if endless entertainment...

Globally 200% of X1 owners have a ps4 so their number of users are actually the same.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Burek said:
naruball said:
jlmurph2 said:

And just imagine all the attention DRM and 24-hour check-ins brought to XOne. Without them, nobody would be talking about it. Had they not announced those two, they still wouldn't have sold 2 million consoles.

There is no such thing as bad publicity

Hahaha. I know, right?

MoHasanie said:

Its been only 8 and a half months since the generation started. Later on more people will buy other consoles they don't own. 

You said it. Dual console only ever increases very late into the gen, if ever. And even then it probably won't reach a 20% rate. So this whole dual console ownership thing is a non-argument for exclusive games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Timed exclusive, this might actually help PS4 sales. When this hits PS4, the Uncharted hype will have died down a bit leaving room for Lara to take the stage. RotTR could easily get eclipsed on the PS4 holiday 2015 by Uncharted, so why not release it when it will be more fresh to PS gamers? Hell MS is even fronting the tab!

Now to poke fun...

MS can't even sell their own console, so how can SE expect them to sell their game? =P

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261