By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Timed Exclusive for Xbox

Damn typos......... worse at work when i can't edit either. (Saturn)

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Sony's "exclusivity deal" to take Tomb Raider 2 & 3 away from the Suturn/N64.......... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Design

So what you got to say about that "mob"?

Well, don't expect too many replies as many here won't remember it because they were too young for it and don't want to confuse their opinion with actual facts.

Big and great move by MS

I wonder if Sony will reply by snatching up another semi big 3rd party game. Do they even have the bank to do this? This deal must have cost MS a fortune! Seems like MS is in desperation mode...while ive always pushed for them to be more aggressive i didnt think they would actually go to these lengths. Good on you MS!

Timed exclusivity was actually working on my nerves a bit, i hope it spurs on Sony to react. Maybe they will pick up a game like Deus Ex? Who knows where this leads to.

This is probably bad for the industry as a whole though...it might backfire on SE...in that XB1 losses all momentum to PS4 and this game suffers along with it. Which might lead to the franchise dying out again. Even if SE was paid its still a gamble. On the flip side MS is trying to create momentum for XB1 by doing this..so it might cause sales to increase.

I was getting an XB1 anyways though so no biggie...however as a PC guy, and TR being one of the games that actually pushed graphics a bit further on PC, its pretty disappointing. This will also just further piss off the PC community who have reached zero tolerance of all the inconveniences consoles is causing.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

This is good for everyone I'd say. Uncharted will probably release around the same time this game does, so PS4 gamers will be busy with it. Sales of Tomb Raider won't be hurt by Uncharted on PS4 when it releases (assuming TR is timed exclusive).

ZyroXZ2 said:
Forgive me for not reading the 50+ pages, as someone may have already said it, but...

I can see the plus and minus in this. The plus is that Microsoft is doing what Nintendo is doing: building exclusives so that a purchase of their system is more compelling. The minus is that Square-Enix isn't doing all that great, and limiting a franchise that not only got its start on Playstation and also isn't a top telling title against Uncharted from which the reboot draws so heavily upon (and not necessarily in a bad way, I actually LIKED the Tomb Raider reboot!) could potentially limit the sales of the game WAY more than they're anticipating.

Either way, this is both good and bad, but if the game is THAT good, Microsoft may have found their "Uncharted", and I honestly would prefer playing as Lara Croft over Nathan Drake, lol

Man booty is hawt, hater...

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Ronster316 said:
Sony's "exclusivity deal" to take Tomb Raider 2 & 3 away from the Suturn/N64.......... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Design

So what you got to say about that "mob"?

Well, don't expect too many replies as many here won't remember it because they were too young for it and don't want to confuse their opinion with actual facts.

What type of replies do you expect though? The industry has completely changed since then...and Sony was a leader back then.

Currently, the industry has moved away from 3rd  party exclusives, and XB1 has about half the install base of PS4..which doesnt seem to be changing.

TR is also symbolically linked to the PS brand...hence the reactions. Again not sure what type of reaction/comments you guys were expecting?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

You are right walsufnir, they will choose to brush it under the carpet on here.

But the fact remains that sony took Tomb Raider 2 & and later Tomb Raider 3 AWAY from competing consoles.

Theres so many people on here who think that the sun shines out of sonys arses, when in fact they are every bit as dirty as the rest of them...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Design

Shinobi.......... just becuae the ps1 sold more than the Saturn/N64, doe's that make it any more fairer?

pbroy said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
Forgive me for not reading the 50+ pages, as someone may have already said it, but...

I can see the plus and minus in this. The plus is that Microsoft is doing what Nintendo is doing: building exclusives so that a purchase of their system is more compelling. The minus is that Square-Enix isn't doing all that great, and limiting a franchise that not only got its start on Playstation and also isn't a top telling title against Uncharted from which the reboot draws so heavily upon (and not necessarily in a bad way, I actually LIKED the Tomb Raider reboot!) could potentially limit the sales of the game WAY more than they're anticipating.

Either way, this is both good and bad, but if the game is THAT good, Microsoft may have found their "Uncharted", and I honestly would prefer playing as Lara Croft over Nathan Drake, lol

Man booty is hawt, hater...

No offense, Lara Croft (NOT including her hideous face alterations in the Tomb Raider: Ugly Face Edition) is definitely easier on the eyes when she's wet moreso than Nathan Drake

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Ronster316 said:
Shinobi.......... just becuae the ps1 sold more than the Saturn/N64, doe's that make it any more fairer?

Yes.