By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Brainslug said:

I'm confused now - this post made me wanna go check out the "sales from launch" charts for japan comparing PS2 and PS3.

PS3's sales are about half, which is what i expected.

Then i found something that confused the shit out of me. If you do the "from launch" comparisons for all 3 regions separately, in every case PS3 is about half of what PS2 was in the timeframe. But when you do the "Worldwide" comparison, they're neck and neck?

How does that make sense?

well thats because ps2 didnt launch in all regions WW,it launched in japan for about 7 months then in america and even later in europe thats why

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

New Famitsu charts are up: http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=873

PS3 : about 13k

Ouch!!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Yeah, PS3 got cooked this week, in the Hardware drop.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@brute

Makes sense, thanks.

Though I think this is probably is cause for concern for them, seeing that the system is selling half as fast as the previous one. And that's across the board, not just japan.

this makes me smile when I think back to Nov when the PS3 beat the Wii and people were calling it the PS3's comeback...lol now

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Wii 63k PS3 13k X360 2.8k

Rock_on_2008 said:
Wii 63k PS3 13k X360 2.8k

we know...

Brainslug said:

I'm confused now - this post made me wanna go check out the "sales from launch" charts for japan comparing PS2 and PS3.

PS3's sales are about half, which is what i expected.

Then i found something that confused the shit out of me. If you do the "from launch" comparisons for all 3 regions separately, in every case PS3 is about half of what PS2 was in the timeframe. But when you do the "Worldwide" comparison, they're neck and neck?

How does that make sense?

The PS2 launched much later in the USA and Europe, 10 months after the Japan launch. Even then, the PS2 was very supply constrained and was sold out most of the time. They definitely made a big mistake in under producing PS2's. 

The PS3 was in plentiful supply after two months and the European launch was only a few months after the USA and Japan launch.

It's over for the PS3 in Japan.  Isn't that the way people state it when one console is being outsold on a weekly basis by another?

Legend11 said:
It's over for the PS3 in Japan.  Isn't that the way people state it when one console is being outsold on a weekly basis by another?

Well, it was outsold, just not by x360 you know

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies