By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Weird it dropping to 19k last week -
though since this comming week is first week since Blu_ray became number one as HD-DVD officially died on the 19th i think ps3 will hit around 30K this week just because of blu-ray.

PS3 number 1 fan

Around the Network

16k for PS3
77k for Wii
4k for 360

konnichiwa said:
18K Sony really should do something about their shortages in Japan =p.

The only shortage Sony has in Japan is a shortage of customers who want the PS3!

Probably 15-16K for PS3, 3-4K for 360 and about 80K for Wii.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Actually PS3 got 2 new relesases this week and I think it should be up a little. The releases aren't big (will sell around 30k combined) but should be enough to keep PS3 from falling.

kamil said:
Actually PS3 got 2 new relesases this week and I think it should be up a little. The releases aren't big (will sell around 30k combined) but should be enough to keep PS3 from falling.

What were the two new releases? Just curious.

Around the Network
Moneybags said:
kamil said:

What were the two new releases? Just curious.

http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=869

Preliminary Top Twenty PS3 Software

SalesLow EndHigh End
Lost Planet Extreme Condition22,00020,00024,000
Burnout Paradise9,0007,00011,000

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Normally there should be a little dip because of the release next week of the new Silver PS3 with Yakuza 3, but most likely the dip will be compensated by the announcement of Blu-ray winning the format war.

The Blu-Ray victory shouldn't make any difference. It's not like HD-DVD was ever a serious competitor over there anyway.

I'm confused now - this post made me wanna go check out the "sales from launch" charts for japan comparing PS2 and PS3.

PS3's sales are about half, which is what i expected.

Then i found something that confused the shit out of me. If you do the "from launch" comparisons for all 3 regions separately, in every case PS3 is about half of what PS2 was in the timeframe. But when you do the "Worldwide" comparison, they're neck and neck?

How does that make sense?

Played_Out said:
The Blu-Ray victory shouldn't make any difference. It's not like HD-DVD was ever a serious competitor over there anyway.

Even if HD-DVD was already a dead format there, the fact remains that a vast majority of japanese were still sitting on the fence of HD format waiting to know which would be the winner. So yes it's gonna make a difference, probably not a big difference, but a difference nonetheless.