By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The truth about Nintendo and online play

WessleWoggle said:
curl-6 said:
WessleWoggle said:

And? Assholes bought the overpriced peice of plastic encoded wtih data for 50$, we deserve to be able to yell at our enemies and call them a cunt. Why is  having an option for talking not a good idea? Options are always better.

That kind of horrid behaviour is never justified and should not be encouraged.

It is justified - It's just a game. Trash talking also is just a gane. People who take it seriously are the problem, people like you.

No. It's boring.

Most people don't take it seriously, but it's still dull. There are funny taunts. The one mentioned above is not.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
WessleWoggle said:

It is justified - It's just a game. Trash talking also is just a gane. People who take it seriously are the problem, people like you.

Those of us who aren't mental ten year olds shouldn't have to put up with those who are.

curl-6 said:
WessleWoggle said:

Those of us who aren't mental ten year olds shouldn't have to put up with those who are.

Then you could use the non chat option. WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH HAVING AN OPTION FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TRASH TALK?  HOW ARE OPTIONS BAD? It gets you more in the game when someone says how much you suck and you want to prove them wrong. You don't have to be mentally ten years old to want to trash talk. Mature adults like myself do it too to let loose and be immature as a hobby, we do not act the same way in real life.

Besides, there is no set maturity level for ten years old. I was more mature at ten years old then most of my teachers at school. They were immature and petty.

WessleWoggle said:

Then you could use the non chat option. WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH HAVING AN OPTION FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TRASH TALK?  HOW ARE OPTIONS BAD? It gets you more in the game when someone says how much you suck and you want to prove them wrong.

Not all kids/parents would know how to turn chat off, so you'd inevitably end up with kids being exposed to racist, sexist, homophobic filth. Nintendo have their image to consider.

If you wanna trash talk, do it with people on your friends list.

curl-6 said:
WessleWoggle said:

Then you could use the non chat option. WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH HAVING AN OPTION FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TRASH TALK?  HOW ARE OPTIONS BAD? It gets you more in the game when someone says how much you suck and you want to prove them wrong.

Not all kids/parents would know how to turn chat off, so you'd inevitably end up with kids being exposed to racist, sexist, homophobic filth. Nintendo have their image to consider.

If you wanna trash talk, do it with people on your friends list.

So you're saying because some people are too dumb to use parental control options we should be limited? Horrible arguement.

"Hey, I don't know how to keep my kids off bad websites so the internet shouldn't exist" That's just as stupid as the argument you're presenting.

Around the Network
WessleWoggle said:

So you're saying because some people are too dumb to use parental control options we should be limited? Horrible arguement.

"Hey, I don't know how to keep my kids off bad websites so the internet shouldn't exist" That's just as stupid as the argument you're presenting.

Take a chill pill and use some logic; Nintendo is a family-oriented company with a clean image to maintain. The last thing they need is one of their games becoming a vehicle for immature potty mouths to scream racial slurs at children.

Are u kidding us?¿?

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

bazmeistergen said:
MohammadBadir said:
All the AIs are actually XANA code. It's all part of Iwata's plan to take over the world by turning the WiiUs into cyborgs that will enslave the human race.

FILSAMECH

It all makes sense now 0.0

curl-6 said:
WessleWoggle said:

Take a chill pill and use some logic; Nintendo is a family-oriented company with a clean image to maintain. The last thing they need is one of their games becoming a vehicle for immature potty mouths to scream racial slurs at children.

Fuck their image, they'd make more money catering to both. Besides, us nintendo kids have grown up. They need to make an M rated zelda and mario. We've grown up, they need to grow with us.

WessleWoggle said:

Fuck their image, they'd make more money catering to both. Besides, us nintendo kids have grown up. They need to make an M rated zelda and mario. We've grown up, they need to grow with us.

Being M rated does not make something "grown up".