By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The truth about Nintendo and online play

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Brotherstotheend said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
In that case it appears that Nintendo is not bleeding nearly enough money. Their A.I.'s item management is beyond awful and vastly underrates the importance of coins.

In all seriousness, thank God that no communication other than the given text options is allowed in the online lobby. There would be nothing other than bragging and trash talking going on, for the simple reason that there is nothing else to talk about. If people enjoy that kind of discussion there are plenty of associated games that may fulfill their needs.

that´s bullshit, you can always mute if there are assholes, but you can also find nice people, that you put on your friendslist and play more with, if there is no conversation you could also play against bots

We already have an abundance of games and websites passively promoting vulgar and hateful talk among strangers. At the moment, Nintendo is not one of them (which is made apparent with Miiverse's guidelines) and I wish for it to remain that way. And there are plenty of better places than in-game lobbies where you can find nice people to play with.

As for the bolded you know just as well as me how ridiculous that statement is.

not really ridicoulus, just look at forza´s driveatars, they act like humans in the race (okay, they don´t ragequit when they are loosing ;) )

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Brotherstotheend said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
In that case it appears that Nintendo is not bleeding nearly enough money. Their A.I.'s item management is beyond awful and vastly underrates the importance of coins.

In all seriousness, thank God that no communication other than the given text options is allowed in the online lobby. There would be nothing other than bragging and trash talking going on, for the simple reason that there is nothing else to talk about. If people enjoy that kind of discussion there are plenty of associated games that may fulfill their needs.

that´s bullshit, you can always mute if there are assholes, but you can also find nice people, that you put on your friendslist and play more with, if there is no conversation you could also play against bots

We already have an abundance of games and websites passively promoting vulgar and hateful talk among strangers. At the moment, Nintendo is not one of them (which is made apparent with Miiverse's guidelines) and I wish for it to remain that way. And there are plenty of better places than in-game lobbies where you can find nice people to play with.

As for the bolded part you know just as well as me how ridiculous that statement is.

Nintendo has no reason not to include two versions of online, one with the traditional trash talking, and one were used to. How do you figure that it's not a good idea?

What a waste of money.

If Nintendo has AI, they should be getting the AI to code the rest of the AI. It's free labour.

WessleWoggle said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

As for the bolded part you know just as well as me how ridiculous that statement is.

Nintendo has no reason not to include two versions of online, one with the traditional trash talking, and one were used to. How do you figure that it's not a good idea?

Voice communication is enabled when racing with friends - in other words, people that know for sure when it's all in good fun.

Enabling trash talking to strangers only serve to reward assholes.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Voice communication is enabled when racing with friends - in other words, people that know for sure when it's all in good fun.

Enabling trash talking to strangers only serve to reward assholes.

Plus it's an E rated game for God's sake.

Around the Network

Lol nice joke thread!

So thats why I raced someone with the exact same NNID as my friends....CONSPIRACY!

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Lol at people taking this thread seriously.

Poor attempt at copying the other glorious thread that actually came up with some interesting facts. This thread is based on what? OP assumptions only, embarrassing/untrue ones at that.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

In that case it appears that Nintendo is not bleeding nearly enough money. Their A.I.'s item management is beyond awful and vastly underestimates the importance of coins.

Exactly. Unless it's a team-based game, what is there to say?

The only feature for public players that MK8 is missing is some sort of rivals system, where you can pick out worthy opponents and get friend information on them.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.