By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - RIP Robin Williams

Read about it this morning. So sad. And unexpected, I doubt a lot of people saw this coming.
He will definitely be missed.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

R.I.P. Robin Williams

R.I.P. Lauren Bacall

okr said:
R.I.P. Robin Williams

R.I.P. Lauren Bacall

Indeed, she died the day after Robin :(

mornelithe said:
okr said:
R.I.P. Robin Williams

R.I.P. Lauren Bacall

Yes, I just wanted her to be mentioned as well. She died a few weeks before her 90th birthday, had a long, great career in Hollywood and on Broadway, protested in the 1950s with other actors against the HUAC hearings and led a seemingly great, self-determined life after becoming a widow with two children at the age of 32. She's now united with her two husbands Humprey Bogart and Jason Robards, the fathers of her 3 children. She was Hollywood's last living female movie legend imo (Kirk Douglas being the last male one). A great woman, I always admired her.

okr said:
mornelithe said:
okr said:
R.I.P. Robin Williams

R.I.P. Lauren Bacall

Yes, I just wanted her to be mentioned as well. She died a few weeks before her 90th birthday, had a long, great career in Hollywood and on Broadway, protested in the 1950s with other actors against the HUAC hearings and led a seemingly great, self-determined life after becoming a widow with two children at the age of 32. She's now united with her two husbands Humprey Bogart and Jason Robards, the fathers of her 3 children. She was Hollywood's last living female movie legend imo (Kirk Douglas being the last male one). A great woman, I always admired her.

I agree that she was one of the last Myths of Hollywood and that her career was outstanding, albeit not as prolific as it could/should.

But we still have Sofia Loren, and probably others that we just don't remember... until we hear of them passing away.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

What a damn shame! R.I.P. Robin Williams

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

JEMC said:
okr said:

I agree that she was one of the last Myths of Hollywood and that her career was outstanding, albeit not as prolific as it could/should.

But we still have Sofia Loren, and probably others that we just don't remember... until we hear of them passing away.

Oh, I'm aware that Sopia Loren is still alive. Cant't stand that woman. Claudia Cardinale or Catherine Deneuve on the other hand...

I guess the genie is now free...
RIP

I didn't know Lauren, but it's sad to hear when anyone passes. Lauren I think was natural though right? I feel for the families of both, but especially for Zelda Williams who had to delete her twitter account due to internet trolling. Some of the crap said on there was just plain aggravating to read. I may not have liked every movie Robin Williams had made, but he was a good person and it's a terrible loss. RIP Robin and Lauren.

okr said:
JEMC said:
okr said:

Oh, I'm aware that Sopia Loren is still alive. Cant't stand that woman. Claudia Cardinale or Catherine Deneuve on the other hand...

All three of them are better than Bridgitte Bardot (a beauty, but some of her ideas are not of my taste).

And there's also Dames Maggie Smith and Judi Dench for example, but like Claudia Cardinale or Catherine Deneuve, I don't think they belong to that Golden Era of Hollywood. They are Cinema Myths, but not Hollywood Myths.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.