By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It begins: next Madden demo scrapped, only playable early with EA access

Your thoughts?

I have no soul and am som... 30 15.08%

F*ck you, EA. 169 84.92%

Total:199
Raziel123 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

There is no paid demo. I dont think you understand what is going on.

I do. You get a demo if you are subscribed to EA access, you don't if you don't.

That's what the "trial" is; a demo. It is not the "full game" as many people who've so foolishly thrown their money at EA think it is.

Why would anyone think it's the "full game" when it clearly says on every description and FAQ that it's timed access that varies by each game? But for all you know, it could be the same level of access EA has been giving for years with Season Ticket. But that's why your thread is and was nonsense, it's based off nothing but speculation you're passing off as fact.

And either way, it would still be a timed trial of the game, no different than something like on PS+. Somehow I doubt you care about those or consider them evil LOL.

Around the Network

You know how EVERYONE can play the demo. Play last years version or the year before that, or how about 8 years ago, pop that one in.

I have an Xbox One so I could care less. lmao

Vasto said:
I have an Xbox One so I could care less. lmao

But having a Xbox One isn't enough. It won't let you download/play it!

Paying for demos, the slippery slope in my opinion. Demos' are meant to entice the user base to buy the game, locking them behind a paywall... shocking.

This is what was one of the things that the original XBO vision was supposed to be, everything behind a paywall... personally I don't play Madden so it's not a problem, but as a gamer, I don't like it one bit.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Pay for EA access, get access to demos. so much value.

stay classy EA.

Madword said:
Paying for demos, the slippery slope in my opinion. Demos' are meant to entice the user base to buy the game, locking them behind a paywall... shocking.

This is what was one of the things that the original XBO vision was supposed to be, everything behind a paywall... personally I don't play Madden so it's not a problem, but as a gamer, I don't like it one bit.

But demos don't  they actually hurt sales

Azerth said:
Madword said:

But demos don't  they actually hurt sales

Well only if they are bad demos ;)

If that was a universal truth (i.e all game demos hurt sales)... *NO ONE* would ever make a demo as it's not worth it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Smart move from EA (from a business sense, not a gamer's sense though)

I disagree. Angry consumers are NOT good for business.

This and PS Now will kill off demos for good

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018