By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It begins: next Madden demo scrapped, only playable early with EA access

Your thoughts?

I have no soul and am som... 30 15.08%

F*ck you, EA. 169 84.92%

Total:199
BeElite said:
i get why ea does shit like this.

But how NFL is ok in fuckin over so many of their fans so openly is beyond me.

Yah because their fans are not going to pre-order it right? They are fucked up for sure :)

Around the Network

That's not a big deal. I hardly ever even try demos.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Of course many are gonna defend this.

Thanks jlmurph!

Well, I just got curious and went to look on the US PSN store as to how many demos are available for PS4 games.

The answer is: 8 (eight)!

- 3 EA Sports titles (FIFA, NBA, UFC)
- 3 LEGO games
- Thief
- Trials Fusion

So, I guess EA Access is to blame for all those other games without a demo (Watch Dogs, CoD, Infamous, Killzone, Assassins Creed...just mentioning the very popular ones).

Burek said:
Well, I just got curious and went to look on the US PSN store as to how many demos are available for PS4 games.

The answer is: 8 (eight)!

- 3 EA Sports titles (FIFA, NBA, UFC)
- 3 LEGO games
- Thief
- Trials Fusion

So, I guess EA Access is to blame for all those other games without a demo (Watch Dogs, CoD, Infamous, Killzone, Assassins Creed...just mentioning the very popular ones).

My god...it began months ago!!

I mean seriously when was the last time people actually cared about demos. If you like a game then you get it. There's enough coverage on it on the internet these days anyway.

Around the Network

If you don't know whether you like Madden or not by now you never will, and 5 days of early access won;t make any difference.

Early access is both a gimmick and a unnecessary. I don't give a flying f*ck about EA games having no pre-launch demo except on EA Access and I personally think EA access is dodgy.

And on that note tehre should be a thrid option in the poll: Meh early access is totally overrated, so I don't care either way.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Thats fine EA. I was on the fence about it, now i know i dont care.

just ask any madden, fifa, nhl, live, etc. type gamers just how invaluable a demo is in influencing a purchase. i hope this bites EA in the ass.. the demo is an invaluable asset to determine whether or not a new iteration of their annualized sports title is worth the money. nobody wants to buy a madden, fifa, pes, nhl, etc. blindly without getting a feel for the new mechanics (if any), gameplay, AI (if improved), hit detection (if improved), controls (if any changes), etc.. or likewise, buying a brand new game just for a roster update. those that don't see the issue with no demo probably doesn't play enough of these sports games to understand the quirks and nuances that can make or break the mechanics or game play of such titles.

my gripe falls in the fact that now i won't be able to determine whether or not this year's iteration is worth my money.. no reviews are going to help you evaluate the game play and mechanics that you could otherwise experience yourself. it's not a matter of play one played them all.. so.... go ahead and continue generalize when you have no clue how much something like a "no demo" affects a sports title purchase..

to note.. this isn't a knock on EA Access.. this is a knock on EA itself and it's new demo/trial behind a paywall.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Its not an issue in the larger sense of demo vs no demo. As many users have pointed out demos are rare in general nowadays. The issue, as troll whisperer is pointing out, is that we did have a demo last year and now we don't, and what will be next.

People who can't see how this is going to turn into timed DLC for EA Access or worse are sad. I mean, people praising this service for what? A year old FPS, Peggle and two nearly out of date sports titles? Yeah, I am sure they're ecstatic, it has nothing to do with "console wars"

Once Sony turned it down it fanned the flames of the console wars that turned fence sitters into advocates and foot soldiers for a product that shows little to no value and carries a dangerous precedent.

If EA can get away with it, other companies surely can and likely will. Just wait, I bet it happens much faster than we think. The next round will be DLC timed exclusive because then people will say "well if you dont like it just wait, its no different than sony or MSFT doing it (which it is but thats another topic), its great value" and then next round of sports titles will be online only for EA Access after they flood the service with "value". And then people are too vested to pull out.

It would be soo awesome if 2K came back with their NFL game and put EA on their backs just like they did in Basketball!