By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its over for the 360

Supply constrain or not it sold more comparing to the last week, did it not? How's that "a failure"? It was time for Sony to get paid for the BR risk, and if this paycheck is a few thousands PS3, that's fine with me. These PS3s are BLU RAY PLAYER. These 360s are GAMING CONSOLES. Simple as that.
All Microsoft has to do is finally drop the price and Dominata the GTAIV sales (it will...)
(everyone's sayin' that eh? Ah... nevermind, its common sense)

Around the Network

the 360 is in trouble, but it has so many great games coming, it has one more year left before the end.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
NYANKS said:
rocketpig said:
MS will definitely drop the price. They can't maintain sales with only a $50 price drop in 36 months.

It's pure fanboyism to think that the RRoD will affect them that much. They wrote it off in fiscal 2006. It's a done deal.

Okay, I admit I don't really understand this.  Did they write off future repair costs for the next few years.  It seems like RRoD is still quite a large problem.  Are they not incurring debts on top of the 2006 write off for the still significant amount of failures?

They wrote off about 1 billion dollars. They expected that to be enough to last the entire generation. Whether that is the case remains to be seen, but it's definitely enough for at least 2008. They wouldn't have underestimated the failures that badly. After all, they had 1 1/2 years of info when they upped the warranty and they know the true numbers better than anyone.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

How can it be over for 360?

Between Jan 5, 2007 and Feb 16, 2007 it sold 681,614 units
Between Jan 4, 2008 and Feb 15, 2008 it sold 749,062 units

Net increase of 67,948 units...

How can a year over year increase in sales by almost 10% be game over?

Is 360 doing bad, or is PS3 doing good and 360 is still doing good?

Damn, well I guess this generations been over for the PS3 for about a year now. No reason to buy a system that isn't number 1.

Around the Network

360 is dead! dont buy it! but wait a price drop across the board. and a few exclusives and MS continues to sell for 2 more years to 30 Million units worldwide!
Then dead MS who is broke introduces the new light years ahead xbox with 4 core cpu running at 4 ghz, blu ray dvd and and an ATI nexgen Chip running at 1000 mhz and 256 pixel piplines crushing the graphics barrier for all consoles to come for the next 3 years ! til in 2012 the PS4 Is introduced with metal gear slug as its top franchise!

That was pure speculation not fact, if it comes to past call me Carnack! LOL

rocketpig: I expressely have stated that because of the Red Ring Issue, I will not buy a 360 until it is fixed satisfactorily. (Or in RPG thread Bof 6 comes out for it)

Most consumers may not be like me, but some are. Others are more strict, others more forgiving etc. But even with the billion dollar fiscal 2006 expense, it still HAS COST SALES. The degree is the issue of fanboyism, the problem is still real.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

360 is 7 million ahead in america in sales it will take the PS3 at least 2 years to catch it if can!

roadkillers said:

Quality games dont sell consoles, we learned this from Phyconauts (Spelling) and Okami. Oh and I forgot about Ninja Gaiden 2 which will be a big game. Although dont say anything about Mass Effect 2. You dont know what console that will be on.

I don't care about what sells what. I care about games. If outselling the 360 does not translate into great games, why care? The 360 has some great games coming out for it, and unless the PS3 can offer better due to higher sells, I really don't care. Just look at the Nintendo Wii. Would you trade the PS3's vastly superior current library and it's way better lineup just to get those sells that the Wii gets? I would hope not, because the Wii's success has lead to an amazing game library. 

(Note: I apologize to Wii fans for using it as an example.) 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!