By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its over for the 360

Isn't funny Ps3 was supposed to be finished, so hold your horses. You may never know.

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
How can it be over for 360?

Between Jan 5, 2007 and Feb 16, 2007 it sold 681,614 units
Between Jan 4, 2008 and Feb 15, 2008 it sold 749,062 units

Net increase of 67,948 units...

How can a year over year increase in sales by almost 10% be game over?

Is 360 doing bad, or is PS3 doing good and 360 is still doing good?

Jan 6, 2007 through Feb 17, 2007 PS3 sold 571,942
 Jan 5, 2008 through Feb 16, 2008 PS3 sold 1,341,859

PS3 had the greater increase, and higher overall.

I love how people forget that the PS3 hasnt released any of its big games. Sure they released minor new IP's like Uncharted, Resistence, Heavenly Sword, and many others. They have yet to release FFXIII, FFVersus, MGS4, God of War 3, GT5, Killzone 2, and many others.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Daddo Splat said:
360 is dead! dont buy it! but wait a price drop across the board. and a few exclusives and MS continues to sell for 2 more years to 30 Million units worldwide!
Then dead MS who is broke introduces the new light years ahead xbox with 4 core cpu running at 4 ghz, blu ray dvd and and an ATI nexgen Chip running at 1000 mhz and 256 pixel piplines crushing the graphics barrier for all consoles to come for the next 3 years ! til in 2012 the PS4 Is introduced with metal gear slug as its top franchise!
That would mean a 16 core PS4 with quad Nvidia GPUs running at 2GHz each, with a 2TB harddrive built in and dual blu-ray drives, as well as a 30 in 1 media card reader, and Wireless-Z networking.

MS has too many options at the moment, and is still making too much money on the 360 for it to be "over". Sony (entertainment) will lose a lot of money this qrt - and MS (entertainment) will still be making a profit.

All MS have to do is announce a "revamped" 360 (with no RRoD confirmed), a GTA bundle and a price cut - and sales will explode. Heck, even I'm biding my time now before I pick up a 360. Only thing stopping me at the moment, is the sudden "flood" of Wii titles to get first.

Its looking more and more likely that they are flushing existing inventory out of the pipelines, before introducing the new models.

Even MGS is nothing compared to the beast that GTA4 will be.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

yes , it's not over, but Microsoft has to worry about thE PS3 , its now beating them in all three markets the last 2 weeks when the 360 is cheaper and has more games, what will hapeen when the ps3 has the games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
shams said:
MS has too many options at the moment, and is still making too much money on the 360 for it to be "over". Sony (entertainment) will lose a lot of money this qrt - and MS (entertainment) will still be making a profit.

All MS have to do is announce a "revamped" 360 (with no RRoD confirmed), a GTA bundle and a price cut - and sales will explode. Heck, even I'm biding my time now before I pick up a 360. Only thing stopping me at the moment, is the sudden "flood" of Wii titles to get first.

Its looking more and more likely that they are flushing existing inventory out of the pipelines, before introducing the new models.

MS making money? Since when I've never heard them making money of video games. Well beside when Halo 3 was released but there still making money off that?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

shams said:

I'm not 100% sure, but off the consoles theselves MS isn't making much, and last quarter Sony announced 113 mil in profit, with higher software and hardware sales, and still semi strong PS2 and PS3 sales, I expect to see more profit.

rocketpig said:
zackblue said:
tabsina said:
ssj12 said:
^ even if the PS3 didnt outsell the 360 in America it still outsold the 360 worldwide for over 10 weeks now. The 360 is hurting at the moment but its not "finished" like roadkillers said.

how much has it sold more than 360 in those 10 weeks? It still has another 7mil to go

The gap used to be just over 9 million last november, not its just below 7 million. The ps3 is catching up, microsoft will need something to stop this.

The gap between the two was never much larger than 7.5m. Now it's a little under 7m. Let's keep things in perspective here.

to be exact

10 weeks ago - Dec 22, 2007

x36015,778,776
ps38,438,719
gap7,340,057

this week (with NA and others in) - Feb 23, 2008

x36017,217,080
ps310,346,282
gap6,870,798

roadkillers said:
I love how people forget that the PS3 hasnt released any of its big games. Sure they released minor new IP's like Uncharted, Resistence, Heavenly Sword, and many others. They have yet to release FFXIII, FFVersus, MGS4, God of War 3, GT5, Killzone 2, and many others.

oh, here we go again...

So R&C, Uncharted,  GT: Prologue, Gundam, Dynasty Warriors, SingStar, Madden, Motorstorm, Resistance, Everybodys Golf, Fifa, PES, CoD, Devil May Cry are not big titles? Minor IPs?

Except for FF & GT, most of their big Japanese IPs have been released. Even MGS doesn't get close to sales of EG, Dynasty Warriors (in the past anyway).

At least for MS, I can honestly say that the big titles coming to their system are PUBLISHED by them - and primarily owned by them. Where would the PS3 be without SquareEnix support and Konami support?

Take away 3rd-party support, and MS's lineup beats Sony's this year 10x over. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099