By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its over for the 360

Prediction: This year will be the defining year for the console war with regard to the HD consoles. Sales this year will be representative, percentage-wise, of sales for the rest of the generation. If Sony outsells the 360 11 million to 10 million, it will outsell it by 10% the rest of the gen (that was just an example).

This will be extremely interesting, especially with GTAIV. Both sides KNOW that game is basically the turning point that everyone is watching, and it will be very fun to see what each side will do by April, and how they will counter one another.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

It's funny people are calling 360 doom when it seems the PSP is falling the fastest AND it's never been able to sell software very well.

Fuzzmosis said:
Well, while I'm not pessimistic enough to firmly say that the 360 is dead now, I am curious:

With 2 consoles and no success(profit wise), would this end Microsoft's foray into the living room?

I hope 360 stays alive in the console arena for 2 reasons.

1st: There will be less compition for the PS3 and Wii so there would be less price drops and so forth.

2nd: EA might join the console race which in my opinion kill gaming.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

zackblue said:
tabsina said:
ssj12 said:
^ even if the PS3 didnt outsell the 360 in America it still outsold the 360 worldwide for over 10 weeks now. The 360 is hurting at the moment but its not "finished" like roadkillers said.

how much has it sold more than 360 in those 10 weeks? It still has another 7mil to go

The gap used to be just over 9 million last november, not its just below 7 million. The ps3 is catching up, microsoft will need something to stop this.

The gap between the two was never much larger than 7.5m. Now it's a little under 7m. Let's keep things in perspective here.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Anyways is pretty obvious the wii have already won the console war in sales.

Around the Network

its not over for the 360... they will drop their price before sony does...and closer to gta iv too.. sony prob wont drop the price til around summertime

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

FishyJoe said:
It's funny people are calling 360 doom when it seems the PSP is falling the fastest AND it's never been able to sell software very well.

The psp has nothing to do with this situation, why bring it up?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

roadkillers said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Well, while I'm not pessimistic enough to firmly say that the 360 is dead now, I am curious:

With 2 consoles and no success(profit wise), would this end Microsoft's foray into the living room?

I hope 360 stays alive in the console arena for 2 reasons.

1st: There will be less compition for the PS3 and Wii so there would be less price drops and so forth.

2nd: EA might join the console race which in my opinion kill gaming.

you know i want EA to make a console.. it would fail and EA can rot. What more could we ask for? 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

PSThree said:
Yeah PS3 is like dead in Japan aswell
Its behind by 7 million

If PS3 can come back it seems 360 can gain back its momentum, which it hasnt even lost in NA

I just belive all this premature talk is going to end up with some of you wearing pie on your faces.

I hope your being sarcastic about the PS3 being dead in Japan. Seriously its released no big games in Japan (some okay selling ones like DMC4 and HSG). Once FFXIII hits in Japan I expect the PS3 to outsell the Wii for quite some time. The problem is when does it come out. Hell even MGS4 would make huge numbers in Japan.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

thekitchensink said:
Prediction: This year will be the defining year for the console war with regard to the HD consoles. Sales this year will be representative, percentage-wise, of sales for the rest of the generation. If Sony outsells the 360 11 million to 10 million, it will outsell it by 10% the rest of the gen (that was just an example).

This will be extremely interesting, especially with GTAIV. Both sides KNOW that game is basically the turning point that everyone is watching, and it will be very fun to see what each side will do by April, and how they will counter one another.

I don't think GTA4 is a turning point, everyone is just curious to see how it does on each console because its one of the biggest most anticipated multiplatform releases this generation.

Also, I doubt Microsoft will announce a price drop, they are still trying to recover from hardware losses, and if they did I believe Sony would atleast do a $50 price drop, or some special 3 game bundle or something like that as to not lose any of its building momentum. Sony's plan for 2008 is to crush the 360, and its off to a pretty good start.