By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its over for the 360

Riot Of The Blood said:
If this does not translate into great games, it's meaningless. I don't care what numbers the PS3 does. I'm more worried about games, and the 360's lineup is still far better than the PS3's.

Ya for now. The 360 had a head start so of course it would have more and better games. Although this year looks dry for the 360. The only huge game (Also very awesome game may I remind you) is Gears of War 2.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

seems like the 360 is slowing down in sales,
this year i think it will be

1. wii
2. ps3
then 360

in sales

At the current rate, we're still years (note the plural) away from the PS3 catching the 360...I wouldn't exactly call the 360 dead when it'll have a bigger userbase than the PS3 for the foreseeable future.

Yeah PS3 is like dead in Japan aswell
Its behind by 7 million

If PS3 can come back it seems 360 can gain back its momentum, which it hasnt even lost in NA

I just belive all this premature talk is going to end up with some of you wearing pie on your faces.

Still too early too tell. As mentioned, HD-DVDs death will give the PS3 a temporary boost as all those fence-sitters jump on. If PS3 is selling as well, or better when GTAIV comes out, then i360's fate as 3rd place console is sealed.

Not that that would come as a surprise anyway.

Around the Network
Damstr8 said:
relax bro...its just a week...naturally there would be a spike after hd-dvd died....but long term? we'll see

The second week actually.

ssj12 said:
tabsina said:
zackblue said:
tabsina said:
ssj12 said:

ConsolePS3X360
Total

thats from about 10 weeks ago til now.. so PS3 has gained roughly 500k in 10 weeks, it is currently 7mil behind.. lets say on average (until it passes 360) each 500k takes even 6-8 weeks, thats 84-112 weeks, a lot can happen for or against the 360 and ps3 in that time

the PS3 has currently sold 60% of the number of 360s that have been sold to customersat current LTD totals.

sorry, a bit tired today, not quite sure how that relates to my post

madskillz said:
It's not over. When the PS3 is beating the 360 by Wiilike numbers, then I'll believe it.

It's a host of reasons - including folks picking it up as a Blu Ray player with the war over. If you think these folks will just happen to migrate over and use it for gaming, think again. Think about it - sure it's selling, but are software numbers up as well? Sony used their PS brand to pimp Blu Ray. It's paying off, but not for gamers.

The target audiance for people that buy blu ray players are probalby middle aged males.What of sexes stereotypically games?  Oh yes, males. Chances are if some one buys a ps3 for blu ray they know what they are getting themseleves into. Id bet that they have kids. Im pretty sure that there are regular blu ray players for the same price if not cheaper than the ps3 anyways. 

PSThree said:
Yeah PS3 is like dead in Japan aswell
Its behind by 7 million

If PS3 can come back it seems 360 can gain back its momentum, which it hasnt even lost in NA

I just belive all this premature talk is going to end up with some of you wearing pie on your faces.

Selling more than 15,000 consoles weekly is a much better situation than selling 4,000 consoles.

I wouldnt call it premature talk, the PS3 has been outselling the Xbox 360 for quite some time now, and has just started to increase the gap yet again.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I think a great move to do would be for Sony to drop the price 2-3 weeks before GTAIV comes out, and advertise like crazy. Even a $50 price cut would do. They wanna get the cut rather close to the realease so MS cannot retaliate. Of course, for this to work MS would have to do nothing, and I doubt that they will do nothing..........

Or is it better to leave the higher price?