By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EA Access On Xbox One Is a "Game-Changer," Microsoft Says

I doubt it. I'd see it as a great deal to get if you have a Xbox One and are into multiple EA franchises, not a reason to run to the store and actually get one. And since Sony apparently turned down the service, they can make an 180 spin at any given moment and give EA the go sign for a PS4 release, unless EA and Microsoft made a deal which I very much doubt.

Around the Network

Whats the catch in EA access? I doubt EA would give a ton of games for free without rotating/removing some of them, and only charge $30 when each one can be induvidually bought at $30 or $40?

MS and EA really should get a room. This love story is getting kinda explicit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Looks like we need to add it to the chalkboard.

Not a game changer per se, but an excellent value and deal that will benefit Microsoft and EA while only affecting Sony just a bit.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Alt Removed - Carl

Agree with Jizz.

If it turns out to be that popular, then it will end up on the PS4.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I wouldnt call it a game changer but rather a great deal! Its still not exactly a zomg reason to get an x1 but if u do have one or are planning to get one, its a great deal

YAhh im sure this being Ea nothing about this service will be a "great deal" dont kid your self.

fireburn95 said:
Whats the catch in EA access? I doubt EA would give a ton of games for free without rotating/removing some of them, and only charge $30 when each one can be induvidually bought at $30 or $40?

There is no real catch, what EA is trying to achieve here, aside from the money they make from the subscriptions themselves, is that people buy more EA content digitally, since their margins are higher that way, that's why you get the percentages and the early access.

Also EA will obviously not put their newest games into the vault, they'll wait a couple months or longer until a game gets put in there, so every game that gets put in the vault will have either already reached EAs sales expectation or will have stopped selling.

Overall it's not like EA is having any real costs or risks they have to deal with here, one could even go as far as to call it a cash grab.