By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EA Access On Xbox One Is a "Game-Changer," Microsoft Says

It sticks two fingers up to sony's NOW BS......... but the "mob" will never admit that.

Around the Network

PR tactics...

It's one more very big step towards "gaming as a service," So i'd say yeah, it is a game changer, but only if it goes Multiplat. It won't reach its full potential otherwise.

So you get games 5 days early but a limited time to play them? ehh

Its a cool service but using the phrase game changer is just pr stuff that gets headlines.

just PR talk as alway !

The service have some value, but i just not like to pay a other abonnement, and Mass Effect & Dragon Age is the only 2 game i like from EA so not worth at all for ME :)

Around the Network

I suggest people actually listen to the podcast. He doesn't refer to it as a game changer in terms of sales, but in terms of subscription based gaming. I have a feeling MS will bet hard on this kind of services now, while Sony will go for the PS Now route. This is why they claim it is not of good value for their gamers, since it doesn't fit into their view going forward. It is a business call, and both are probably part of the future in gaming.

break out the Chalkboard!

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Nowhere near a game changer, it's a good deal though.

Not really a game changer, because it's not anything new. PS+ operates the same way for many years now, and EA already had Early Access on X360 fir several years also.
There is nothing revolutionary here, EA and MS are just using their PR to present it that way.
No denying that fans of EA games get a good deal. I have stated in numerous threads that I am such fan and wish it comes to PS4 as well. But people really need to keep their expectations in check. It will be a good deal, but not great or earth-shattering.

Also, I really hate when PR people selk the product by using so many "I think", "I believe" and other non-commiting phrases. What he thinks is one thing, the reality might be 180 degrees different.

EDIT: Also, what the hell is XBox evangelist? Does he sell magical water that heals ailments, returns sight to the blind, makes quadriplegics walk again? 

What a stupid title, but surely looks great on a business card.

binary solo said:
MoHasanie said:
binary solo said:

I think it'll come to PS eventually, as long as EA agrees to continue to allow their games to feature in PSN+.

That was the problem? I thought Sony didn't want it because it competes with PS+.

I dunno how games with gold works, but doesn't EA access compete with games with gold in the same or similar way?

Kinda but not really. Games with Gold games aren't that new or great. EA access games seem like they will be much more recent. Also I doubt people subsctibe to Xbox Live Gold just for the free games. They do it because they want to play online. So I guess Xbox Live and EA access won't really compete. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54