By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

Aphelion said:
Captain_Tom said:
Aura7541 said:
Captain_Tom said:

Bloodborne, The Order, No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4, and 2 more ananounced games.  I count more than 2.

Omega Quintet is also confirmed to come out in the west next spring. Also, don't forget MLB 15: The Show since it's currently the only baseball franchise out there now.

You're right!  See that is the luxury of being a Playstation gamer: Too many games to keep track of.

Also Teraway, gonna be awesome.  

+1.  Never bought it for Vita!

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
Aura7541 said:
Captain_Tom said:

Bloodborne, The Order, No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4, and 2 more ananounced games.  I count more than 2.

Omega Quintet is also confirmed to come out in the west next spring. Also, don't forget MLB 15: The Show since it's currently the only baseball franchise out there now.

You're right!  See that is the luxury of being a Playstation gamer: Too many games to keep track of.

The Witness, The Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Hellblade, Soma, Ratchet & Clank remake thingy, Until Dawn, etc.

Tons of games for PS4 next year.

Captain_Tom said:
Aura7541 said:
Captain_Tom said:

T'is a good problem to have, so I'm not complaining

riderz13371 said:
Captain_Tom said:
Aura7541 said:
Captain_Tom said:

The Witness, The Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Hellblade, Soma, Ratchet & Clank remake thingy, Until Dawn, etc.

Tons of games for PS4 next year.

God damn it's 2008 all over again!  I am in The Tomorrow Children Alpha and I forgot!

To all the Xbox fanatics:  Maybe try owning a Sony console just once.  My brother recently lent his old PS3 + games to a friend...  After playing the Uncharted Saga, the Killzone Series, The Last Of us, InFamous 1 & 2, Heavy Rain, and MGS4 hs seriously cannot figure why him and some of his friends chose the 360.

Some people really don't know what they are missing...(Which frankly is Sony's Marketing Department's fault)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they cut the price to $299.99 by Christmas. That's if PS4 sales surpassed Xbox One. I can't wait to see Nov NPD.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:

To all the Xbox fanatics:  Maybe try owning a Sony console just once.  My brother recently lent his old PS3 + games to a friend...  After playing the Uncharted Saga, the Killzone Series, The Last Of us, InFamous 1 & 2, Heavy Rain, and MGS4 hs seriously cannot figure why him and some of his friends chose the 360.

Some people really don't know what they are missing...(Which frankly is Sony's Marketing Department's fault)

I think "Xbox fanatics" on this forum have played/tried PS3's noteworthy 1st party games.

Personally, I bought a PS3 because the buzz their games were getting, but in my opinion it was mostly hype. The Naughty Dog and God of War games are the only titles I'd personally recommend. Everything else you mentioned was underwhelming. Killzone in particular was the epitome of hype.

Sony offers great cinematic experiences and great graphics, but MS has the edge on fun games. That was the case in the 7th gen and THUS FAR its the same story in the 8th gen. So it depends on what you're looking for.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:

I think "Xbox fanatics" on this forum have played/tried PS3's noteworthy 1st party games.

Personally, I bought a PS3 because the buzz their games were getting, but in my opinion it was mostly hype. The Naughty Dog and God of War games are the only titles I'd personally recommend. Everything else you mentioned was underwhelming. Killzone in particular was the epitome of hype.

Sony offers great cinematic experiences and great graphics, but MS has the edge on fun games. That was the case in the 7th gen and THUS FAR its the same story in the 8th gen. So it depends on what you're looking for.

Now you see same can be said for all others, other then HAlo theres nothing worthy of the hype on any xbox yet and on Ninty its 3d mario and Kart.  Its underwheling due to hype or niche titles that are perfect for a small corner of the gaming verse.  

Also your fun statemnt is as false as can be to blindy support said corporation of chocie, you cant say whats fun to another person.  You cant tell them this is fun go have fun.  You are blindly stating your opinion on whats fun and pretanding its same for others.  You are fundemently 100% wrong on that.  

Bigwoofer said:

Now you see same can be said for all others, other then HAlo theres nothing worthy of the hype on any xbox yet and on Ninty its 3d mario and Kart.  Its underwheling due to hype or niche titles that are perfect for a small corner of the gaming verse.  

Also your fun statemnt is as false as can be to blindy support said corporation of chocie, you cant say whats fun to another person.  You cant tell them this is fun go have fun.  You are blindly stating your opinion on whats fun and pretanding its same for others.  You are fundemently 100% wrong on that.  

Well Halo and Gears are the series that have made X1 essential for me. Games like Killer Instinct, Forza, and Titanfall have also been great reasons to own a X1.

When it comes to PS4 exclusives... they sure are pretty. Hope next year is better in the gameplay department.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Captain_Tom said:

God damn it's 2008 all over again!  I am in The Tomorrow Children Alpha and I forgot!

Maybe you ought to try broadening YOUR horizons and realize that ALL the consoles have their own unique experiences.  Coming from someone who loved his PS3, 360, and Wii - you're missing out if you don't have them all, period.

Halo, Gears, L4D.  Mario, Kart, Smash, Zelda.

You also forgot God of War.

g911turbo said:
Captain_Tom said:

Maybe you ought to try broadening YOUR horizons and realize that ALL the consoles have their own unique experiences.  Coming from someone who loved his PS3, 360, and Wii - you're missing out if you don't have them all, period.

Halo, Gears, L4D.  Mario, Kart, Smash, Zelda.

You also forgot God of War.

Left for Dead is on PC.  Halo and Gears are boring to me.  As for Nintendo... They have a couple games I like but not 10 like Sony, and the last thing I want to do is play those games on garbage hardware.  I'll just wait for the emulators and play them in 1080p.