By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ryse 2 Could Release On PS4;, Crytek Not Too Happy With Xbox One Sales

Mr Puggsly said:

At that rate MS is probably better off investing in something else.

Ryse could become something interesting, but MS could also fund a new IP or do something with one their IPs for less.

I honestly don't get the sense that the Xbox division is going to be a priority going forward. If they did want to do something, re-establishing Rare as a respectable AAA studio might be a start. I know they're making a new Fable game, but they've lost much of the respect they once had

As it stands, their major exclusives are going to be Gears, Halo and Forza.

Not bad, but could do with some more variety, though certainly in the short term Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive could provide that. But I'd be shocked if QB didn't end up on PC and Sunset Overdrive on the PS4

Around the Network
overman1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Ryse could become something interesting, but MS could also fund a new IP or do something with one their IPs for less.

I really think MS needs a very strong first party developer. All this buying of IPs without a really strong homebase (maybe except Epic games) is not really a good thing for the Xbox brand. Bungie who was thought to be The MS's "Naughty Dog" arent even first party and i believe the relationship between them and MS isnt the most amicable after the issues with Halo and ownership of IP. They really need to support new IPs for thier first party developers; learn to take risk and the game community will appreciate them for this.

343 is a strong developer, they made a Halo game I play regularly even after about 2 years on the market. I'm gonna play more of it on X1.

Black Tusk could be strong developer depending on how the next Gears turns out.

Maybe the issue is MS isn't making games you particularly enjoy? I feel that way about Sony regardless of the hype their 1st party games get. I like fun games and Sony doesn't quite deliver that in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing new IPs from MS, but they already plenty of established IPs I enjoy and want more of. New IPs doesn't always equate to great games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

They're thinking about doing a Ryse 2? How? From the way people have been talking, you'd think Crytek was just weeks away from closing their doors for good.

There is potential for such period based games, it's different from most other games that this new generation has offered. I would certainly a good history focussed successor based on the Punic wars with Hannibal and scipio africanus. My dream of a game based on the Byzantine empire would be too far fetched :(

I hope they change the name from ryse...

Munkeh111 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I honestly don't get the sense that the Xbox division is going to be a priority going forward. If they did want to do something, re-establishing Rare as a respectable AAA studio might be a start. I know they're making a new Fable game, but they've lost much of the respect they once had

As it stands, their major exclusives are going to be Gears, Halo and Forza.

Not bad, but could do with some more variety, though certainly in the short term Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive could provide that. But I'd be shocked if QB didn't end up on PC and Sunset Overdrive on the PS4

Well Rare is working on some games apparently. Maybe we'll hear about that in the near future.

Quntum Break and Sunset Overdrive could provide variety... so could Crackdown, Fable Legends, Scalebound and other unannounced games. Multiplats also add variety to any platform.

Ultimately, lets stop pretending there is lack of games to look forward to on X1 and we don't just play 1st party games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Did anyone actually read the full interview on Eurogamer.net ??

There wont be a Ryse 2 there wont be another Crysis, There now completely realigned to making F2P and Community games. Wont see another $60 title.

It should not come to the PS4.

It's bad enough that Xbone owners wasted their money on it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Mr Puggsly said:
overman1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I really think MS needs a very strong first party developer. All this buying of IPs without a really strong homebase (maybe except Epic games) is not really a good thing for the Xbox brand. Bungie who was thought to be The MS's "Naughty Dog" arent even first party and i believe the relationship between them and MS isnt the most amicable after the issues with Halo and ownership of IP. They really need to support new IPs for thier first party developers; learn to take risk and the game community will appreciate them for this.

343 is a strong developer, they made a Halo game I play regularly even after about 2 years on the market. I'm gonna play more of it on X1.

Black Tusk could be strong developer depending on how the next Gears turns out.

Maybe the issue is MS isn't making games you particularly enjoy? I feel that way about Sony regardless of the hype their 1st party games get. I like fun games and Sony doesn't quite deliver that in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing new IPs from MS, but they already plenty of established IPs I enjoy and want more of. New IPs doesn't always equate to great games.

no...343 did not make Halo what it is today they only build on something with a strong foundation, Bungie is Halo. if 343 can create a new ip like Halo then i will acknowledge them. Some people even believe Halo 4 was one of the worst Halo games and Halo should have stopped with 3. Black Tusk, wait for the game to come out.

Regardless, PS has a way more diverse library than MS; while you might not care about PS games. there is a sense of univesal diversity with the PS library; with games like LBP, Uncharted, GOW, JRPG, Infamous, Demon Souls etc. Most from Sony First party Developers it is very easy for gamers with different taste and style to feel appreciation towards the PS library. For me, other than Halo, i never cared for any Xbox exclusives. If MS can bring something entirely new and refreshing to the table, they will stand to win many over especially if this comes from a first party developer not some bought IP. 

Do Sony fans even want this crappy franchise on their console?

dangerguy said:
It's a garbage game. it's pretty, but it's garbage. And it was a launch game surrounded by next gen COD, Battlefield, Forza, and even Dead Rising was a better game. Don't blame Xbox One sales for your mediocre launch game.

Let's look at Knack global sales on the barn burning PS4. 1.2 million globally vs just under a million for Ryse. There you go, apples to apples. No matter how well a console sells, a mediocre launch game is only going to sell so many.

Not exactly apples to apples, Knack was bundle with all the launch PS4 consoles in Japan, so you can reduce around 350k units from its total and then compare.