By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ryse 2 Could Release On PS4;, Crytek Not Too Happy With Xbox One Sales

overman1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

343 is a strong developer, they made a Halo game I play regularly even after about 2 years on the market. I'm gonna play more of it on X1.

Black Tusk could be strong developer depending on how the next Gears turns out.

Maybe the issue is MS isn't making games you particularly enjoy? I feel that way about Sony regardless of the hype their 1st party games get. I like fun games and Sony doesn't quite deliver that in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing new IPs from MS, but they already plenty of established IPs I enjoy and want more of. New IPs doesn't always equate to great games.

no...343 did not make Halo what it is today they only build on something with a strong foundation, Bungie is Halo. if 343 can create a new ip like Halo then i will acknowledge them. Some people even believe Halo 4 was one of the worst Halo games and Halo should have stopped with 3. Black Tusk, wait for the game to come out.

Regardless, PS has a way more diverse library than MS; while you might not care about PS games. there is a sense of univesal diversity with the PS library; with games like LBP, Uncharted, GOW, JRPG, Infamous, Demon Souls etc. Most from Sony First party Developers it is very easy for gamers with different taste and style to feel appreciation towards the PS library. For me, other than Halo, i never cared for any Xbox exclusives. If MS can bring something entirely new and refreshing to the table, they will stand to win many over especially if this comes from a first party developer not some bought IP. 

It still takes a strong team to create a great game even from an already established IP. Some IPs get bad even when they're being worked on the by the original studio. Some might use Killzone as an example.

Black Tusk looks like a promising studio. Furthermore, the development of Gears is now in the hands of a 1st party studio.

I still look forward to Halo games, so I disagree with you. Bungie left Halo just to essentially build another Halo.

I'm not concerned with who has the most diverse library. I feel the MS library is very diverse and offers more enjoyable titles. But lets not argue personal taste. Sorry, but I enjoy MS's bought IPs more than Sony original IPs. I play what I enjoy, who tried harder to make new IPs isn't my concern.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
Did anyone actually read the full interview on Eurogamer.net ??

There wont be a Ryse 2 there wont be another Crysis, There now completely realigned to making F2P and Community games. Wont see another $60 title.

Ryse F2P MMO confirmed.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
overman1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

343 is a strong developer, they made a Halo game I play regularly even after about 2 years on the market. I'm gonna play more of it on X1.

Black Tusk could be strong developer depending on how the next Gears turns out.

Maybe the issue is MS isn't making games you particularly enjoy? I feel that way about Sony regardless of the hype their 1st party games get. I like fun games and Sony doesn't quite deliver that in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing new IPs from MS, but they already plenty of established IPs I enjoy and want more of. New IPs doesn't always equate to great games.

no...343 did not make Halo what it is today they only build on something with a strong foundation, Bungie is Halo. if 343 can create a new ip like Halo then i will acknowledge them. Some people even believe Halo 4 was one of the worst Halo games and Halo should have stopped with 3. Black Tusk, wait for the game to come out.

Regardless, PS has a way more diverse library than MS; while you might not care about PS games. there is a sense of univesal diversity with the PS library; with games like LBP, Uncharted, GOW, JRPG, Infamous, Demon Souls etc. Most from Sony First party Developers it is very easy for gamers with different taste and style to feel appreciation towards the PS library. For me, other than Halo, i never cared for any Xbox exclusives. If MS can bring something entirely new and refreshing to the table, they will stand to win many over especially if this comes from a first party developer not some bought IP. 

It still takes a strong team to create a great game even from an already established IP. Some IPs get bad even when they're being worked on the by the original studio. Some might use Killzone as an example.

Black Tusk looks like a promising studio. Furthermore, the development of Gears is now in the hands of a 1st party studio.

I still look forward to Halo games, so I disagree with you. Bungie left Halo just to essentially build another Halo.

I'm not concerned with who has the most diverse library. I feel the MS library is very diverse and offers more enjoyable titles. But lets not argue personal taste. Sorry, but I enjoy MS's bought IPs more than Sony original IPs. I play what I enjoy, who tried harder to make new IPs isn't my concern.

Agree to disagree then...I personally can get into any MS exclusives except Halo.

overman1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Agree to disagree then...I personally can get into any MS exclusives except Halo.

If you don't enjoy MS products, that's fine.

That doesn't necessarily mean MS makes bad games, it just means they don't offer products that appeal to you. They've sold enough software to make me believe they have an audience and their games get a lot of media attention (good or bad).

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:

That doesn't necessarily mean MS makes bad games, it just means they don't offer products that appeal to you. They've sold enough software to make me believe they have an audience and their games get a lot of media attention (good or bad).

I wish I knew what type of games MS actually makes. I know that they publish other peoples games, but I have no clue what their goal or focus is for the industry outside of online based gaming.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I wish I knew what type of games MS actually makes. I know that they publish other peoples games, but I have no clue what their goal or focus is for the industry outside of online based gaming.

I think their focus is getting games that appeal to me personally. Crackdown and Killer Instinct proved that.

Recently Completed

I wouldn't care if it happened but a proper decent Roman era game (perferably open world) would be nice

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I doubt they're alone. A lot of devs backed the wrong horse and I think we'll be seeing them shift back now that it's evident the X1 won't do that well. I mean, the Wii U is beating it... that says more than enough.

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I think their focus is getting games that appeal to me personally. Crackdown and Killer Instinct proved that.

I'm lost. MS never made Killer Instinct as a franchise as they are terrible at creating IP's themselves. They had to be hounded by fans before they even responded to a revitalize Killer Instinct since they own the IP. What is Microsofts focus? Stop looking inward at yourself and think about broader picture.

Ryse is a good game despite mediocre story and too much QTE.
If they wanna make sequel, as long as less QTE and better storytelling, sure why not?