By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Platform decreases Microsoft's gross margin by $400m for FY2013/14

DirtyP2002 said:

Look at N4G comments please.
They really think MS lost 400m Dollar.

LOL. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Look at N4G comments please.
They really think MS lost 400m Dollar.

Just check the neogaf thread and find out it's locked,due to "not accurate title" 

Oh, look, neogaf had to be used to explain it to our VGC peasants. Now if only someone had just explained it over here first...

Edit: Well, I calculated the figures for you here in the thread but not many seemed to notice.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:

Oh, look, neogaf had to be used to explain it to our VGC peasants. Now if only someone had just explained it over here first...

Edit: Well, I calculated the figures for you here in the thread but not many seemed to notice.

Pezus. (not sure why you are allowed here on an alt as you are permabanned, but whatever...)

Explain it here? lmao.  Fingers in ears lalalalala cant hear you, ms is fucked, they are losing money, dropping the xbox la la la la cant hear you.

Yeah ikr, called him Pezus one day and he just removed it from the quote lol.

kowenicki said:
How dumb does this story and thread look now. As I said at the time. Bullshit analysis by people who haven't got a clue.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872843

lesson learned? doubt it.

So this means revenue is now 6.7m and expense is 5m where last year it was a revenue of 5m for a cost of 2.9m.

And there's still people that's thinks Xbox never made money? ROFL 

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
kowenicki said:

Pezus. (not sure why you are allowed here on an alt as you are permabanned, but whatever...)

Explain it here? lmao.  Fingers in ears lalalalala cant hear you, ms is fucked, they are losing money, dropping the xbox la la la la cant hear you.

Thanks for noticing. Yeah it's weird how people insist on forcing pezus into their posts all the time as if it makes them feel better when they reply to me, or want everyone else to know it's not just a random Nintendo fan they are replying to.

In any case, @kowen: You didn't even try to explain it. Doesn't it speak volumes that I, of all people, had to do it myself? Maybe if you had called people out with something backing you up people would've listened to you. You can't just keep up this attitude where you say you know better without showing that you know better and in the process helping others understand.

And it's not that hard to figure out why I'm "allowed" here. Maybe you've forgotten, but I asked for a permaban myself. On a related note, weren't you leaving VGC or did I not understand you correctly?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
jlmurph2 said:
kowenicki said:

Thanks for noticing. Yeah it's weird how people insist on forcing pezus into their posts all the time as if it makes them feel better when they reply to me, or want everyone else to know it's not just a random Nintendo fan they are replying to.

In any case, @kowen: You didn't even try to explain it. Doesn't it speak volumes that I, of all people, had to do it myself? Maybe if you had called people out with something backing you up people would've listened to you. You can't just keep up this attitude where you say you know better without showing that you know better and in the process helping others understand.

And it's not that hard to figure out why I'm "allowed" here. Maybe you've forgotten, but I asked for a permaban myself. On a related note, weren't you leaving VGC or did I not understand you correctly?

It's the fact that you've denied it for so long which is what irks people no doubt. Don't think anyone particularly cares.

As for Kowen, were you not involved in the discussion? You were brought up anyway so I assumed you were involved. Either way this isn't the place todiscuss your history or future; or that of anyone else. Use PM's or wall posts if you wish to continue it.

Incase it isn't clear, that means drop the attitude from you both in this thread. Another borderline comment from either of you and you'll be banned. Keep it civil if you wish to reply in an on-topic manner

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

English isnt my native language but i can usually find my way around these corporate statements.. Not this though.. So is profit and revenue increased or lessened? Seems like both words are used in the same sentence

EpicRandy said:
kowenicki said:
How dumb does this story and thread look now. As I said at the time. Bullshit analysis by people who haven't got a clue.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872843

lesson learned? doubt it.

So this means revenue is now 6.7m and expense is 5m where last year it was a revenue of 5m for a cost of 2.9m.

And there's still people that's thinks Xbox never made money? ROFL 

Looks like that, but billions, not millions. Anyway, where does that NeoGAF post get that 7.1B total from? Maybe I missed a step, maybe the post missed writing it and I don't get what calculation he made, but it looks like the author accused others of adding the wrong numbers, then he did the same mistake, just with different numbers.

PS: Look, look, TAFKAP (The Artist Formerly Known As Pezus) is back!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kowenicki said:
oldschoolfool said:
So,what does that all basically mean?

he doesnt know.

First of all I'd like to see the source for the artciles numbers.

Secondly can the OP analyse the various segments that xbox (both hardware AND software) exists in over those 12 months and break down the exact situation.

Also can you value the good will and brand awareness added value that exists from the xbox venture.

Next can you shoe m e the exact profit situation and not just revenue numbers.

Thanks.

why does it matter what it means?

Facts are facts, he just posting them.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank