By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Platform decreases Microsoft's gross margin by $400m for FY2013/14

Meh, they could just fire another couple thousand people to make up for it.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Ok, that doesn't really mean all that much. Has revenue increased BY that amount or TO that amount? There is a very big difference.

It means they spent 2,1 Bn $ on Xbox but only earned 1,7 Bn $ back. Whether the revenues are up or not and how much doesn't matter as the profits are gone.

BreedinBull said:
Meh, they could just fire another couple thousand people to make up for it.

And sell  some buildings.

Mod Edit - Ignore.

Carl

Mod Edit - Ignore.

Carl

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Ok, that doesn't really mean all that much. Has revenue increased BY that amount or TO that amount? There is a very big difference.

It means they spent 2,1 Bn $ on Xbox but only earned 1,7 Bn $ back. Whether the revenues are up or not and how much doesn't matter as the profits are gone.

No. It means they spent 2.1B more this year than last while earning 1.7B more also

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

PillarofLight said:

do you suck the mods junk?

I don't see why you make such a big deal out of this.

I'd definitively suck Conegamer's junk. And his dog's, too.

Wright said:
PillarofLight said:

do you suck the mods junk?

I don't see why you make such a big deal out of this.

I'd definitively suck Conegamer's junk. And his dog's, too.

wright!

jnemesh said:
prinz_valium said:
BeElite said:

No maybe about it.  There are no extra sales due to the cut, numbers already show that.  

new kless sku failed to motivate sales.  

this guy again...

is there any funtion to block posts from people i dont want to read anymore

the kinectless sku is not even out for 2 month and u talk about "numbers already show that"....

u have no idea what ur talking about. u dont even have anything to compare

You can compare sales before and after the new sku was released.  Did Xbox win June NPD?  No.  Did they see ANY significant increase?  Yes...for about 2 weeks.  Long enough for those waiting on a price cut to buy, but no indication that it made any meaningful difference long term.  Where are we now?  Xbox One being outsold 2:1 in their strongest territory (North America), 7 to 1 (almost 8!) in Europe, and 3:1 overall worldwide.

Your wishful thinking does not influence reality, sir.

yes. like its enough to compare frist month sales to see how the wohle generation will ends...

and it doenst matter if the ps4 outsold the xb1. its only about the xbox one sales.

do they sell more, or less units with the new sku.

does it result in higher or lower overall profits.

why do u bring up ps4 sales? they dont have to do anything with the more or less sold xbox one units because of the kinecless sku, a second option sku available.

thats what im talking about. and both of u guys didnt get. but i am kind and explain that to u guys, if u dont understand the whole economic sales thing...

and btw what will u tell me in the holiday season, where xbox one is always way stronger than the rest of the year in comparison to the playstation

when xbox one will possible outsell the ps4 1.1:1 in usa.

will be outsold just 4:1 in europe

and only 1,5:1 overall worldwide?

just hypotetical speaking ofc. but how will u expain that.

the tide turns?

just a month or 2, that doesnt matter?

will u start to compare overall lifetime sales instead?

these look like this right now:

usa: 1.2:1 for ps4

uk ~1.5:1 for ps4

germany 3.15:1 for ps4

and only 1.85:1 overall worldwide for ps4

the kinectless sku was about 55% of june npd

how much of the 55% would bought a normal sku if the kinectless does not exist?

thats the question

some guys here are so eager to set everything in stone right now. why dont have any patience and whait some time?

i can tell u. "ohhh wow my favourite console sold out urs this month so badly" i have to shout it out. no chance for the competitor to come back or do anything. just like ur favourite sports team leading half of the season and still dont win the championship. what the hell happend?

i have a dream. i want the xbox one "win" this generation. just to prove all the idiots on the internet being wrong.

but it doenst matter. they are most of the time wrong. and even if u point them out. they dont care...

so just lets go on.

Ninsect said:
Teeqoz said:
Ka-pi96 said:

No. It means they spent 2.1B more this year than last while earning 1.7B more also

Oh, I read a bit too quick so I thought it was total revenue and Operating revenue not the increase. At least I have the excuse of not being a native English speaker but does anyone know the operating revenue and revenue of last year?