By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Third Parties Try with the Wii U After Smash 4 Releases?

Tagged games:

Nope, Nintendo will make more deals with Japanese developers but apart from that, there will be close to 0 from the west

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

maybe Bravely Default HD or something, some Final Fantasy spin-off and that's it.

Click HERE and be happy 

There isn't going to be any huge Wii U Third-Party Renaissance.

If the system starts selling OK, there may be a couple of Western ports at best. Possibly a few Japanese games along the way, too.

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

Maybe Japanese 3rd party publishers will support the WiiU a bit more, but Western 3rd party publishers? Not a God damn chance!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nope. Main problem would be the architecture itself. PC/XBO/PS4 all use x86 so its relatively easy to port between these platforms.

I'm guessing the most influential 3rd parties insisted all the hardware manufacturers targeted x86 and 8GB RAM for the 8th generation. Nintendo ignored them and i'm guessing they'll be hellbent on making Nintendo pay for that.

The only way i see 3rd parties jumping on board WiiU is if they're forced to do so by market conditions. Keep in mind that this actually happened in the case of EA in the past where certain executives resigned their positions when the board decided to support Nintendo platforms. The hatred towards Nintendo is real. 

Around the Network

No. Third party games just don't sell on the Wii U and I doubt Smash will change that.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

IkePoR said:
bubblegamer said:
Why? What does Smash has to with third parties?

Sometimes it's good to read the entire OP and not just the title before responding, bubblegamer.

You see i did, yet my confusion remained. By how much will Smash make the installbase grow?

bubblegamer said:

You see i did, yet my confusion remained. By how much will Smash make the installbase grow?

Yeah that's basically what I was asking - if the growth from Smash will help the Wii U's 3rd party problem - to see what everyone thought.

Seems like it's a resounding no, lol.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Incubi said:

Nope. Main problem would be the architecture itself. PC/XBO/PS4 all use x86 so its relatively easy to port between these platforms.

I'm guessing the most influential 3rd parties insisted all the hardware manufacturers targeted x86 and 8GB RAM for the 8th generation. Nintendo ignored them and i'm guessing they'll be hellbent on making Nintendo pay for that.

The only way i see 3rd parties jumping on board WiiU is if they're forced to do so by market conditions. Keep in mind that this actually happened in the case of EA in the past where certain executives resigned their positions when the board decided to support Nintendo platforms. The hatred towards Nintendo is real. 

What? Do you have a source for this?

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

TheEighthByte said:
Incubi said:

What? Do you have a source for this?

The 2nd paragraph is a guess. The 3rd? Yes.