By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ryse Son of Rome coming to PC this fall

walsufnir said:
zarx said:

Killer Instinct will probably make it over, it was on the todo list

I think this list was more of what fans wish them to do. Fighting games on PC? I don't think this would be of any use considering these games have no tradition there.

While this obviously isn't 'Oh, This Is DEFINITELY Going To Happen,' the chances of Quantum Break porting to PC might be even higher than Ryse's were, despite the partnership with Microsoft; I mean, this would end up being literally be the SECOND Microsoft-published, Remedy-developed, third-person-perspective game that was published on the Xbox platform before eventually going to PC. First one being Alan Wake, and what is notable about this is that Microsoft had CANCELLED the PC port, but the developer basically pushed, poked and proded because "PC Gaming is part of Remedy's heritage." I would be kind of surprised if they suddenly changed their tune for this game and went into it fully agreeing never to release it on the PC.

As for Sunset Overdrive... the fact that Insomniac specifically wanted control over the IP just leaves me wary as to what they plan to DO with it. T_T Though to be fair, it might just be that whatever Sunset Overdrive 2: Sunset Overdrivier title follows will end up going multiplatform.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network

"Best Looking" Console Exclusive -> Slightly impressive PC game

When it has to keep with games like Star Citizen

Edit: Least we don't have to wait a year for a remastered edition B)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Quantum Break and the Dead Rising DLC are next. After that there is no need to own an Xbone outside of halo KI and Gears.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Quantum Break is next. After that there is no need to own an Xbone.

I think your jumping the gun S.T.A.G.E, just because DR3 and Ryse are going to PC doesn't mean QB will too. Cmon, why wouldn't MS prioritize their console which still hasent outsold the Wii U LTD?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I think your jumping the gun S.T.A.G.E, just because DR3 and Ryse are going to PC doesn't mean QB will too. Cmon, why wouldn't MS prioritize their console which still hasent outsold the Wii U LTD?

Because their CEO stated that Windows have a priority over non-core hardware products?

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You dont learn do you. MS owns the IP to Ryse and its still going to PC without them publishing it. Crytek is biting the bullet publishing the game and  MS owns the IP to Quantum as well and Remedy will most likely have it self published on PC as well. They are very loyal to PC gamers. That and Windows Live was the biggest mistake ever for MS. As soon as PC gamers didnt support it MS should've dropped it. Its a joke just like Microsofts definition of exclusivity. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Quantum Break and the Dead Rising DLC are next. After that there is no need to own an Xbone outside of halo KI and Gears.

Only if you are also a PC gamer with a decent PC.

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Key word....decent. Decent doesnt mean optimal. This means more accessible and affordable for most who invest in gaming PC's anyway while owning consoles.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Key word....decent. Decent doesnt mean optimal. This means more accessible and affordable for most who invest in gaming PC's anyway while owning consoles.

This is always a big question and I don't know if forums are a good measurement for this.

How big is the community who plays on consoles and is willing to invest at least the same money in a gaming pc? My guess was and is that this is a minority.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

You dont learn do you. MS owns the IP to Ryse and its still going to PC without them publishing it. Crytek is biting the bullet publishing the game and  MS owns the IP to Quantum as well and Remedy will most likely have it self published on PC as well. They are very loyal to PC gamers. That and Windows Live was the biggest mistake ever for MS. As soon as PC gamers didnt support it MS should've dropped it. Its a joke just like Microsofts definition of exclusivity. 

Crytek own the Ryse IP that is why they are self publishing. Microsoft doesn't have a problem publishing their own games on Steam when they want too.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4803:9oj1av.2.6

MS do own QB tho.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4803:9oj1av.3.1

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!